Cleaner - part time 5 hours per weekLocation: Horncastle | Salary: £8.72 per hour | Posted: 21 Sep 2020 | Closes: 5 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G20/100
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a Part Time Cleaner .
This is a part time position for 5 hours per week, 2 hours on Monday, 1.5 hours on Wednesday and 1.5 hours on Friday. The post is based at Horncastle Police Station, Horncastle.
The successful candidate will provide the specified standard of cleanliness as per the onsite specification.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
- To book on and off duty using the teletime systems from a police station phone or as instructed by the cleaning manager.
- Notify cleaning manager if stock levels are running low so more can be ordered.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Where applicable empty confidential waste bins and leave sacks in the designated area of the station.
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
- Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
- Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- Use of high pressure steam cleaners and power washer (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
- To dust, damp wipe or wash desk tops and legs, chairs and legs, telephones and desk furniture excluding electrical and IT equipment.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, tea towels and paper towels).
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
- To use chemical agents as directed by the cleaning manager in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
- Ensure all clothes and equipment are left in a clean and tidy manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge
- Ability to carry out general cleaning duties as detailed in the Job Description.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of police matters
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks to a high level.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work both alone and within a team to achieve specified standards.
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post.
- Take pride in a job well done.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Equal Opportunities are important in employment and service delivery.
- Ability to respect and value the different experiences, ideas and backgrounds others can bring to work and teams.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Customer Care is important in employment and service delivery.
- Have an awareness of and display a commitment to the relevant legislation and guidance in working practices in relation to health and safety.
- To undertake any training relevant to your role.
- Must be in good health.
Qualifications / Experience
- Able to communicate clearly, understand and follow instructions.
- Experience of undertaking general cleaning duties.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Cleaner - Flexible
Apply now Bank Cleaner - Flexible
Apply now Bank Cleaner - Flexible
Apply now Part Time Cleaner
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Apply now Area Security Officer
Location: Grimsby, United Kingdom