Chief Accountant Nairobi £1.00 - £1.00
Chief AccountantLocation: Nairobi | Salary: £1.00 - £1.00 | Posted: 15 Aug 2019 | Closes: 22 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Kenya | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/5086074/165891
Group Personal Accident Cover
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Chief Accountant ensures delivery of all financial accounting objectives in line with the overall company goals, manage the members of staff in the department and ensure that the department meets its targets.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Maintain the general ledger in accordance with IFRS for all transactions.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations covering the entire general ledger.
- Produce accounting reports and financial statements within the deadlines set by the Group and the various legal bodies.
- Plan and prepare annual audit of financial and management reports within specified schedules.
- Ensure optimal and smooth operation of the company’s accounting systems by continuously reviewing their operation and/or recommending additional functionalities.
Financial Controls and Risk Management
- Check that the Group's accounting procedures and principles are correctly applied in close cooperation with the Controlling department.
- Ensure adherence to all company internal controls, financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of a proper and functional data registry and filing system
- Oversee the maintenance of fixed asset and other company registers.
- Supervise and check the release of end-of-year local accounts, tax and legal statements.
- Ensure reliability of accounting and tax information by implementing appropriate procedures, checks and performance indicators.
- Ensure familiarity with accounting and tax regulations. Oversee the preparation of company’s tax returns and other statutory deductions.
- Establish and monitor key staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Develop key staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Promote a high performance and continuous improvement culture that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate or as assigned from time to time.
- Ensure that the level of technical ability in the team is high.
- Propose and implement all initiatives that aim to improve productivity in the process of providing accounting information at both the financial information system level and the information flow level.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized University.
- Registered Member of ICPAK (CPA (K)) or internationally recognized professional accountancy body.
- Min 5 years’ relevant experience in financial & management accounting.
- Relevant experience in audit in a large / international audit firm would be an added advantage.
- Working experience with ERP systems would be an added advantage.
- Leading People
- Managing Professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Customer Thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
- Relationship Building
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Accounting and auditing skills
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent. In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centres within the country
Jobs that might be of interest: