Central Monitoring Station Operator Winnipeg, MB Up to $17.00
Central Monitoring Station OperatorLocation: Winnipeg, MB | Salary: Up to $17.00 | Posted: 14 Jul 2020 | Closes: 14 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4668560/194417
Central Monitoring Station Operator
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. We are currently seeking Central Monitoring Station Operators. The Operator will be responsible to intake, triage and escalate all types of incidents reported to the centre, with the assistance of the Supervisor. The Operator will also be responsible for documentation and data entry, monitoring various systems and responding to e-mail and telephone calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Dispatch of personnel and escalation based on event type
- Performs intake, triage and escalation functions for all incidents reported to the centre
- Deals with issues and incidents that are potentially sensitive, confidential or may put persons at risk
- Applies the appropriate professionalism, maturity and tact to manage the incident
- Escalates incidents to the Supervisor immediately when unable to manage the situation at his/her level
- Supports incidents as documented or directed to do so by the Supervisor, or other authorized persons
- Advises the Supervisor of urgent matters, life safety incidents, etc., in a timely manner to ensure the appropriate triage is applied and the appropriate steps are taken
- Follows procedures, work instructions and other directions from the supervisor, G4S management, and the client
- Collects information and data, creates and provides reports, maintains effective communications with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Performs data entry in a timely, accurate and inclusive manner
- Adheres to and promotes the client's and G4S policies and procedures at all times
- Liaises with employees and vendors in a helpful, cordial and pro-active manner
- Participates in departmental meetings as required
- Communicates concerns, process improvement ideas or other opportunities for improvement to the Supervisor
- Performs other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suite of programs
- Work experience, preferably in the security industry or a dispatch environment
- Demonstrated experience in critical environments where decision making and actions can impact life-safety and business continuity
- High attention to detail and ability to respond calmly under pressure and deal with multiple incidents simultaneously and experience communicating with law enforcement
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively alone or with employee groups
Skills and Assets:
- Strong administrative and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to implement performance management with direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve by active listening
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, listening and communication (verbal and written) skills
Schedule and Availability:
- Comfortable working a variety of schedules that consist of day, evening and overnight shifts
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest: