CCTV Technician - Installer Ottawa, Ontario Competitive
CCTV Technician - InstallerLocation: Ottawa, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 28 Mar 2021 | Closes: 28 Apr 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/207960
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is in search of a CCTV Technician/Installer.
The purpose of this position is to install, test and program CCTV systems, including installation of cable and conduit when required. Service required in this position may be to troubleshoot, CCTV systems, and IP Camera systems. This position may also (on occasion) be required to supervise the work of sub-contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Surveying sites prior to installation
- Training and supervising subcontractors
- Testing and commissioning of systems
- Installation and programming of , CCTV systems.
- Installation of cable and conduit
- Training of the end user
- Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring
- Work on a customer network
- Access Controls
- Service, Install, and programming of , CCTV
The Ideal Candidate:
- High School diploma
- Electronic Technician Certificate
- Computer Networking Courses
- Commitment to upgrading and continuing their education
- Must be computer literate, have networking ability and a good knowledge of operating systems
- Fluent English language written and verbal skills, demonstrated superior people and telephone skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure are essential
- Mechanical aptitude and be able to use hand and power tools
- The ability to meet deadlines and commitments and to adjust/adapt to new ideas and procedures is necessary
- Valid driver’s license with less than 2 demerit points. Abstracts to be done on a yearly basis
- Must be bondable – annual criminal record check (CPIC) required
- Vehicle will be provided
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard
Location: Cornwall, On
Apply now Security Guard - Healthcare
Location: Brockville, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Brockville, ON
Apply now Agent de sécurité
Location: Baie d'Urfe, QC
Apply now Security Guard - Open House Job Fair
Location: Kingston, ON