Catering AssistantLocation: Cheltenham GL51 0EX | Salary: £10.50 | Posted: 12 Oct 2021 | Closes: 7 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10358
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We are looking for Catering Assistants to join our team based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday between the hours of 06:30 - 16:00.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Receive and check deliveries, report any discrepancies at time of delivery.
- Put away any deliveries in relevant storage areas, making sure of correct stock rotation.
- Place orders through the Indicator system when required.
- Assist in the preparation of basic food items to be sold as part of the catering offer.
- Serve customers as and when required including operating Barista coffee machine and cash handling for sales.
- Prepare and deliver any hospitality arrangements around the building when required.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as per the site specific cleaning schedule.
- Carry out weekly deep clean of refrigeration units and surrounding areas in restaurants.
- Carry out and record temperature recordings as stated in the G4S Food Safety Systems.
- Wear G4S branded uniform and safety footwear ensuring it is smart and presentable at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- Basic knowledge of COSSH.
- Basic knowledge of due diligence requirements, allergens.
- Food safety certificate.
- Previous experience of a quality catering operation.
- Salary of £10.50 per hour, depending on experience.
- Annual retention bonus of £1,000 (pro-rata), subject to maintaining Clearance requirements.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics ).
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
Due to the nature of the business DV clearance will be required to fulfill this role, please be advised that this can be prolonged process.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
Jobs that might be of interest:Barista
Location: Cheltenham GL51 0EX
Apply now Barista Supervisor
Location: Cheltenham GL51 0EX
Apply now Catering Supervisor
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Apply now Mechanical Technician - Days
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Apply now School Catering Assistant
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire