Category Manager - Facilities ManagementLocation: Home/London based with travel to London, G4S sites and supplier sites needed when required. | Salary: Competitive based on experience | Posted: 12 Jan 2022 | Closes: 26 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2235
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Company Car (or allowance), Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance
We are currently looking for a Catergory Manager (Facilities Management) to join out procurement team. In this role you will have responsibility for driving a commercial mind-set in Facilities Management and in all associated procurement activities as well as ensuring that the procurement function is front and centre of all supplier commercial negotiations. You will need to deveop your credibility and build relationships across the business so that you are recognised as the procurement expert for Catering Services, Food, Minor and Major Project Works, including PFI Lifecycle Funds.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in leading major strategic procurement initiatives, have strong negotiation and influencing skills as well as the personal resilience ad drive to succeed.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
- Accountable for leading supplier negotiations and setting up commercial contracts for the FM category which reflect the needs of the Care & Justice businesses.
- Work with Operational teams to develop and implement suitable internal and external supply chains and management structures
- Own key strategic supplier relationships within their categories.
- Support strategic bids and provide suitable supplier commercial models, including customer flow downs, for supply chain pricing.
- Drive, develop and implement the Facilities Management category sourcing strategies in alignment with the overall business requirements.
- Accountable for the successful roll-out of large, more complex supplier relationships/category management strategies.
- Ensure regular market testing and benchmarking is performed to ensure maintenance of market competitiveness, value for money and best practice
- Drive a supplier risk reduction agenda
- Providing category knowledge, expertise and resource support to non UK&I regions when necessary.
- Support and be able to deputise for the Procurement Director UK&I to drive the procurement agenda and strategy across G4S Care & Justice and regions beyond the UK.
- To be able to react quickly to unplanned operational problems and trouble shoot to understand route cause and prevent re-occurrence’s
- Lead major strategic procurement initiatives and build positive working relationships with senior stakeholders, developing appropriate engagement processes to successfully influence procurement investment, budget and planning cycles.
- Develop 3 year category strategies which incorporate the business need, appropriate suppliers and market dynamics which provide strategic options to unlocking value and driving efficiencies in the category.
- Ensure all pre-qualification of suppliers follow robust screening and vetting processes in line with G4S Group Procurement Policy
- Ensure Group Procurement Policy is well understood, communicated and actively implemented in the business.
- Ensure there is at least 80% contract coverage in each of the spend categories. Contract set up should include a framework agreement, contract, service level agreements and be loaded onto the G4S contract management system
- Actively report and track all procurement savings initiatives via the Procurement savings system (Provalido) making sure finance and the business can see and approve the savings identified.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Formal purchasing qualification preferable.
- Ability to use Procurement tools such as spend analytics, contract database management, savings management to track and deliver the Procurement basics
- Working knowledge of an ERP system i.e. Oracle/SAP preferable.
- Experienced in contract management including implementing SLIs/KPIs into frameworks that can be easily tracked and managed as well as flow down agreements from G4S clients.
- Track record of outstanding sourcing, procurement and contract management skills and experience particularly in Facilities Management and ideally around delivery of Hard & Project FM in a multi-site, multinational environment, preferably within FTSE 100 size businesses.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in a Procurement role where the individual has driven change, dealing with challenging stakeholders and measured savings to the P&L.
- Ability to influence, persuade, challenge key & diverse stakeholders at senior levels
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage fluctuating workloads with a flexible approach to the fulfilment of work commitments
- Strong influencing and communication skills, using a range of techniques to best effect.
- Experienced negotiator, with ability to think on feet and make decisions under pressure. Track record of effective team working with legal, procurement and technical professionals.
- Must be confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship
- Personal resilience and drive to succeed. Self-motivated to achieve against targets
- Driven individual who will lead and manage their agenda to deliver their objectives and take others with them
- Excellent written & oral communication skills. Ability to present effectively to all audience levels and able to network across the business and supply chain
- An ability to work with ambiguity whilst making decisions that are commercially sound.
- Able to balance a multitude of priorities and remain resilient particularly in a reactive and volatile nature that FM presents.
Jobs that might be of interest:Hard Services Manager
Apply now Regional Operations Manager
Apply now Part Time Estate Surveyor
Location: London, UK
Apply now Mechanical and Electrical Engineer
Location: E14 0JW, Tower Hamlets
Apply now Domestic Manager
Location: Croydon, Surrey