Cashier - Dayshift Roles Glasgow £8.62
Cashier - Dayshift RolesLocation: Glasgow | Salary: £8.62 | Posted: 7 Oct 2019 | Closes: 2 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6651
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Cashiers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Cashier, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be the processing and supply of notes and coin to fulfil customer requirements. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency
We are looking for a number of individuals to work Full time over a variety of shifts:
DayShift - Generally working 5 out of 7 days between Sunday and Friday
- Making up individual customer orders ensuring that all cash supplied meets the specified value, quality and denominational requirements.
- Ensuring all operating and security procedures are constantly adhered to.
- Utilising a variety of cash management systems to ensure accurate counting and allocation.
- Meeting and exceeding the agreed personal and team productivity levels.
- Transferring customer orders to the vaults for onward despatch.
- Undertaking training to develop, learn and progress.
- Demonstrating attention to detail when receiving and recording customer orders.
- Ensuring all necessary paperwork and/or entries is completed accurately.
- Observing all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the department.
- Identifying any discrepancies in notes and coin that are received, and escalating this appropriately.
- Ensuring the integrity of audit trails.
- Demonstrating a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
The Ideal Candidate:
So what makes a successful Cashier?
- Firstly, you will need to be confident communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
- An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
- You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
- You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous cash handling experience would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
- Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure, confined and highly regulated environment.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application
Jobs that might be of interest: