Cash Processor (Fixed Term Contract 6 months) Glasgow £9.80 per hour
Cash Processor (Fixed Term Contract 6 months)Location: Glasgow | Salary: £9.80 per hour | Posted: 23 Dec 2021 | Closes: 25 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7373
Average earnings up to £20,384 per annum* plus excellent benefits including paid overtime, 5 weeks paid holiday, sickness pay, free company uniform, pension, employee assistance and life assurance schemes and full training.
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Main Purpose of Job
3 x Full Time Positions available (Fixed Term Contract 6 months from March 2022)
Join G4S as a Cash Processor in Glasgow you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be the processing and supply of notes and coin to fulfil customer requirements. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate:
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
● Making up individual customer orders ensuring that all cash supplied meets the specified value, quality and denominational requirements.
● Ensuring all operating and security procedures are constantly adhered to.
● Utilising a variety of cash management systems to ensure accurate counting and allocation.
● Meeting and exceeding the agreed personal and team productivity levels.
● Transferring customer orders to the vaults for onward despatch.
● Undertaking training to develop, learn and progress.
● Demonstrating attention to detail when receiving and recording customer orders.
● Ensuring all necessary paperwork and/or entries are completed accurately.
● Observing all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the department.
● Identifying any discrepancies in notes and coin that are received, and escalating this appropriately.
● Ensuring the integrity of audit trails.
● Demonstrating a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate
So what makes a successful Cash Processor?
● Firstly, you will need to be confident in communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
● An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
● You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
● You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
● Previous cash handling experience would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
● Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5 /10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.