Cash Processing Centre Manager (Nelspruit) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Nelspruit Market Related
Cash Processing Centre Manager (Nelspruit) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Nelspruit | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 23 Dec 2019 | Closes: 31 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2475390/179831
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Cash Processing Centre Manager
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Cash Processing Centre Manager based at our operations in Nelspruit .
The main purpose of this key role is to effectively manage and oversee the total operations of all cash related activities. To ensure alignment of contractual obligations to customers and drive implementation company’s cash processing procedures in the most cost-effective and efficient manner possible. To continually review and improve cash operations profitability. Reporting into this role will be Cash Centre Supervisors.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Cash Processing plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective management of the Cash Centre Operations
- Manage the relationship between actual results, budgets and delegating accountability where appropriate.
- Initiate cost-saving models and Controls (Gross Margin Management)
- Operations Management
- Quality Assurance of the Cash Centre
Effective Management of Cash Centre employees
- Effective Labour and Organisation
- Training and Development
Effective management of customer relationships
- Customer retention and customer service levels
Effective management of the Risk process and Compliance within the Cash Centre
- Manage and monitor loss prevention and loss reduction procedures
- Ensure and monitor adherence to procedures and policies around risk
- Ensure the adherence and correct utilisation of company systems and procedures.
- Recommend capital expenditures
- Maintain and complete records of audits around risk
- Responsible for Health and Safety awareness and compliance in the Cash Centre
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace
The Ideal Candidate:
- Tertiary qualification in banking/financial services/general management preferred
- A minimum of 3 years management experience in a similar operational/business unit management environment recommended, but experience in general management essential
- Flexibility in terms of working hours will be required
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer literacy – MS Office (specific reference to Excel)
- Report and analysis of information
- Driving Change
- Leading People
- Delivering Performance
- Working with Complexity
- Managing professionally
- Customer Thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Vault Officer - G4S Cash Solutions - Tzaneen - South Africa
Apply now ATM Custodian (Pretoria) - G4S Cash Solutions South Africa
Apply now Tactical Support Unit (Pretoria) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Expression of Interest - Radio Controller (Pretoria) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now ATM Auditor ( Crown Mines ) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Location: Crown Mines