Cash Forecasting and Planning Specialist (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Centurion Market related
Cash Forecasting and Planning Specialist (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market related | Posted: 14 May 2019 | Closes: 26 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/155871
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Cash Forecasting and Planning Specialist
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a Cash Forecasting and Planning Specialist based in Centurion.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Cash Forecasting and Planning Specialist is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the Cash forecasting and planning process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of the position:
To embed and develop and integrated supply chain approach within the Cash Processing Centres aligned to “best in class” to ensure availability of cash for on-selling and to optimise cost savings.
The provision of relevant support to the business, continuous improvement and associated management information activities
- Analysing cash supply chain processes to develop and deliver an improvement strategy
- Use data to develop insights and identify opportunities for improvement
- Research and recommend the implementation of planning process techniques aligned with best practices
- Align cash supply chain processes to best practice
- Sustainability of business performance to be supported by effective, efficient and flexible processes
- Eliminate and reduce waste from supply chain operations
- Analyse operational data (relating to volumes, availability, KPIs etc.) to provide insight and decision support on a day-to-day basis
- Continuous improvement of MI in terms of ease of access and understanding
- Data mining based on historical data
- Develop scoreboards to display MI in an easy to understand manner for the various business streams in Cash Operations
- Manage the MI process to ensure that information is available as agreed by business use
- Develop, implement and facilitate KPI Scorecard for Cash Operations
- Measure and improve key KPI’s through regular review meetings that aim to address gaps
- Automate measurement process through the development and improvement of the Management Information System
- Measure all data flows within the supply chain environment and develop insights to drive optimisation
- Submit weekly and monthly reports highlighting performance, gaps and opportunities to management
- Develop operational models (cost related) to allow decision making
- Scenario Planning in order to seek optimum operating models based on optimum cost
- Manage customer orders for cash planning purposes
- Manage banking of surplus / unfit cash
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to optimise current service models to improve availability
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhere to relating to the specific role
- Ensure relevant compliance training is up to date
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that impact the area are documented and understood by all members of the team
- Own and agree corrective actions with the Reconciliations and Compliance Managers
Health and safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Financial qualification recommended
- Previous experience pertaining to financial/cash planning
- Knowledge (procedural) of Cash Centres will be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with the design, implementation and reporting of Management Information (data analytics)
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Computer Literacy – with specific reference to advance Excel
- Advance level of numerical literacy
- Data analysis
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Dealing with change
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Procurement Specialist (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Financial Accountant (Samrand) - G4S Deposita - South Africa
Apply now Revenue Administrator - G4S Kenya
Apply now Senior Internal Auditor - G4S Kenya
Apply now Exchequer Assistant