Cash Centre Teller (Temporary) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Silverton Market related
Cash Centre Teller (Temporary) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Silverton | Salary: Market related | Posted: 10 Jan 2019 | Closes: 17 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/140537
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Cash Centre Teller (Temporary)
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Temporary Cash Centre Teller based at our operations in Pretoria.
Reporting to the Cash Centre Supervisor , this role is responsible for effectively counting, balancing and reconciling the customers’ money in line with the cash processing procedures
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Balancing of cash received
- Verify customer cash deposits
- Prepare client registers and ensure that it is accurately completed
- Balance and Reconcile cash on compass or ISA or relevant counting system and print report for submission to treasury
- Verify customers details on compass to ensure that the account number and is correct customer reference is correct
Ensure that Cash Processing procedures are adhered to
- Sign for work received
- Check that the information on the bags are correct and compare it to the register that you have signed for
- Write bag number, customer information, time you open the bag and the codes that refer to the customers on white board and show it to the camera
- Empty the bag inside out and show it to the camera
- Count the money as per the procedure and ensure that it balances different clients have different processes
- Stamp the deposit slip place it back into the bag and sent it to the client
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 with mathematics and accounting
- 2 years experience as a bulk teller
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Cash processing and procedures
- G4S policies and procedures
- Verifying counterfeit notes
- Bulk cash balancing
- Customer thinking
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com