Cash Centre Supervisor - Newcastle - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Newcastle Market related
Cash Centre Supervisor - Newcastle - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Newcastle | Salary: Market related | Posted: 20 Feb 2020 | Closes: 29 Feb 2020 | Job Type: Fixed & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/5147458/186273
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Cash Centre Supervisor
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Cash Centre Supervisor based at our operations in Newcastle .
Reporting to the Cash Centre Manager, this role is responsible to manage the work flow of Cash Processing Tellers
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Supervise the effective work flow process for Tellers in the Cash Processing Centre
- Runners receive cash consignments in a stop loss bag and record and scan onto E-viper
- Ensure that there is equal division of the cash consignments per teller and customer requirements
- Ensure that the tellers are processing according to Cash processing policy and procedures
- Obtain the Teller Summary report from compass per customer, to confirm that the tellers are processing according to correct customer banking details. The correct references must be attached to the deposit slip
- Authorize any variances accordingly and record in the Occurrence Book.
- Complete incident report for submission to Client Liaison Officer re any variances
- Issue customer reports on a daily basis
- Ensure that Capitec cash processing is managed against the Pistol-ion reports and balanced accordingly
- Submit all Capitec summary reports to ATM Supervisor for payments
- Ensure that all staff are trained on standard operating procedure and policies relevant to their role (specific to cash processing and procedures)
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Matric with Maths / Accounting
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
- Previous related work experience
- Flexibility to work shifts
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of G4S policies and procedures
- Knowledge of process and procedures within the Cash Centre
- Knowledge of G4S business ethics policy/preventing bribery and corruption
- Knowledge of basic Accounting
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Assist customers with queries
- Record vital information of cash consignments
- Delivering objectives
- Supporting and working with others
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
Jobs that might be of interest:Driver - Carlisle
Apply now Full Time Vault Officer
Apply now Full Time Secure Driver
Apply now Branch Security Officer - 30 Hours Per Week
Apply now Full Time Secure Driver