Cash Centre Manager Harlow, Essex Up to £55k
Cash Centre ManagerLocation: Harlow, Essex | Salary: Up to £55k | Posted: 6 Mar 2019 | Closes: 30 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6290
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Reporting to the Director of Cash Centres the main purpose of this role is to continue the drive of the cash centre towards world-class cash processing. Strategies to this end include identifying and introducing improved working practices to improve productivity, achieving budgetary obligations and the development of the site management team.
- Contribute to the development of Cash Centre’s as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice with peers.
- Work closely with the Cash Centre Business support function to introduce new working practices and to develop a continuous improvement culture.
- Support the Cash Centre Planning Department in achieving the National Production plans, developing strategies to overcome future shortfalls/excess to current production plans.
- Analyse training needs for all staff ensuring that training complies with Company policy and is monitored for effectiveness. Coaches staff where appropriate.
- Maintains the Centre succession plans, developing the team members to achieve their potential in current and future roles.
- Implement training and development plans for all management and staff.
- Ensure the avoidance of cash losses for both customers and the G4S business
- Meet and exceed customer service level agreement expectations
- Work with Branch Management colleagues, supporting local customer engagement and contract retention.
- Develop your operation and teams to meet financial and efficiency targets through a continuous improvement approach.
- Deliver improving financial performance for the operation, ensuring the Centre meets budget commitments.
- Sets and agrees clear objectives with subordinates, regularly monitoring their performance and taking action to correct shortfalls.
- To manage the processing operations of the cash Centre for current and future demands, ensuring capacity plans are aligned with production planning and volume fluctuations.
- Prepare annual budgets and report on monthly financial position
- Ensure full compliance of all security procedures within the Centre
- Ensure full procedural and Health & Safety compliance
- Deals with disciplinary matters, including dismissals, appeals and grievances in line with Company policy. Informs staff of changes in terms and conditions. Ensures appropriate consultation with TU/Staff Representatives.
- Recommends capital expenditure to the Area Director and control a revenue expenditure limit.
- Leads the branch management team and motivates staff through the team. Holds regular management meetings and communicates to all branch staff through staff briefings.
- Lead on National Projects and initiatives contributing to the Cash Centre efficiency and effectiveness
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of operational line management is essential
- Knowledge of production management
- Capable of leading a team in a time of change
- Lean Management Understanding
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment is essential
- The ability to challenge the norm and achieve sustainable change
- Experience of financial control and budgets
- Capable of developing management team skills and enable succession plan accomplishment
- Strong Commercial background
- Profit & Loss experience
- Experienced in people management in a Trade Union environment
Jobs that might be of interest:Cash Centre Manager
Location: Nine Elms, London
Apply now Section Manager - Basingstoke
Apply now Coin Centre Manager
Apply now Receptionist
Location: Galway, Ireland
Apply now Project Superintendent
Location: Renton, Washington