Case Administrator Wolverhampton, Birmingham £19,589.96
Case AdministratorLocation: Wolverhampton, Birmingham | Salary: £19,589.96 | Posted: 2 Aug 2021 | Closes: 16 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10265
** INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Oakwood, Wolverhampton, WV10 7QD
Salary £19,589.96 per annum
Permanent - Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
HMP Oakwood is an innovative prison which has been highlighted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons as an “Impressive institution, with a culture of decency and respect. Driven by courageous leadership, excellent peer-led initiatives and outstanding management of learning and skills provisions”.
Within Custody and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP Oakwood is one of the largest prisons in England and Wales, providing places for up to approximately 2100 Category C male prisoners.
We now have an opportunity for a Case Administrator to join our team at HMP Oakwood.
The role is one of great importance and although it can be challenging, it proves to be a very rewarding role.
- Set up of files ensuring the paperwork is relevant and kept up to date
- Maintain and update databases
- Liaise with external agencies such as probation / Police / Courts / Social Services
- Complete all aspects of the prisoner details on P-NOMIS and make sure these are kept up to date
- Complete discharge paperwork as and when required. Ensure licences are correct
- Respond to prisoner applications
- Monitor mail / Telephone calls for prisoners subject to Public protection measures.
- Attend any OMU meetings as and when required
- File and record paperwork as and when received in the prisoner core records
- Keep the prisoners alert/s status on P-NOMIS up to date and accurate.
- Monitor and distribute internal/external post
- Monitor and deal with departmental emails
- Book prisoner transport to courts
- Prepare end of month evidence for Performance meetings
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Google
- Previous experience in similar role
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Administrator
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/Midwife)
Location: West Midlands
Apply now Human Resources Business Advisor
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire