Case Administrator Wolverhampton £19,396.00
Case AdministratorLocation: Wolverhampton | Salary: £19,396.00 | Posted: 21 Sep 2020 | Closes: 12 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9149
HM Prison Oakwood, Nr Wolverhampton
£19,396.00 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Case Administrator to join our team at HMP Oakwood.
At HMP Oakwood we aim to inspire, motivate and guide prisoners to become the best they can be. We offer state of the art facilities, full time employment, programmes and access to Physical Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can work individually using their own inniative or as part of a team. The role of a Case Administrator is one of great importance and although it can be challenging, it proves to be a very rewarding role.
- Set up of files ensuring the paperwork is relevant and kept up to date
- Maintain and update databases
- Liaise with external agencies such as probation / Police / Courts / Social Services
- Complete all aspects of the prisoner details on P-NOMIS and make sure these are kept up to date
- Complete discharge paperwork as and when required. Ensure licences are correct
- Respond to prisoner applications
- Monitor mail / Telephone calls for prisoners subject to Public protection measures.
- Attend any OMU meetings as and when required
- File and record paperwork as and when received in the prisoner core records
- Keep the prisoners alert/s status on P-NOMIS up to date and accurate.
- Monitor and distribute internal/external post
- Monitor and deal with departmental emails
- Book prisoner transport to courts
- Prepare end of month evidence for Performance meetings
The Ideal Candidate:
- IT literate, able to use Word, Excel and database software
- Previous experience in a similar role
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custodial and Detention Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Administrator
Apply now Administrator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - HMP Rye Hill, Rugby
Location: CV1 1DD
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner Nurse
Location: West Midlands
Apply now Programmes Facilitator (HMP Rye Hill)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire