Cargo Screener Derby, United Kingdom 10.75 hourly
Cargo ScreenerLocation: Derby, United Kingdom | Salary: 10.75 hourly | Posted: 14 Dec 2021 | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 210003BJ-internal
We have positions for Cargo Screeners operating with our prestigious, household name client based at East Midlands Airport.
The position requires primarily the operation of various X-Ray machines to assist in processing large volumes of freight in a busy Warehouse environment. Additional duties may include Gatehouse Operation, Aircraft Search & Guard and other Aviation Security tasks.
The operational working hours are predominantly night shifts including weekends, with a much smaller team operating the day shifts. The roles operate varying patterns including 4 on 4 off/Mon-Fri patterns, but with flexibility expected to support other covering, including days, nights, evenings and weekends when needed.
Successful candidates will benefit from fully funded specific X-ray training qualifications and on the job training.
- Required to perform various tasks such as: operation of x-ray machines, physical inspection of cargo and lifting and carrying freight.
- Responsible for using X-Ray machines to identify dangerous objects in cargo and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
- Maintain focus and awareness within a demanding environment containing numerous distractions, people, and noise.
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- A good standard of education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to follow procedures
- A calm, organized and logical approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise and a proactive approach.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
- Must be physically fit due to Manual Handling
- Tolerate moderate to loud level of noise in work environment
- Physical abilities (e.g. lifting and carrying freight, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing and walking and identifying objects)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired)
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
- Knowledge of airline codes, prefixes, common cargo abbreviations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or lead screener
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- The ability to listen and respond to customer needs, make decisions and respond calmly and quickly to any given situation;
- Competent literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Flexible attitude to working hours, work activities
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and be calm under pressure
You will just need to complete the following application form and one of our Recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps. Our recruitment and selection process is currently being conducted remotely, this will include a video interview and screening to Aviation standards.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest:Locker Operative
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Apply now Deputy Team Leader T1
Apply now Screening Officer - YVR
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Northwest Terrace-Kitimat Regional Airport
Location: Terrace, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Comox Valley Airport
Location: Comox, BC