Call TakerLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £19,276.98 per annum based on full time 37 hours per week. This will increase to £21,410.66 per annum upon successful completion of a probation period. | Posted: 8 Nov 2021 | Closes: 28 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G21/129
In April 2012, G4S entered into a strategic partnership with Lincolnshire Police. The Force Control Room serves the public 24/7 answering emergency and non-emergency calls to the Police as well as deploying officers to incidents.
We are now looking to appoint Call Takers starting in January and March 2022. The role is fast paced and demanding, therefore suitable candidates will be comfortable working under pressure, to targets and have experience of working in a Customer Service / Control Room environment. If successful you’ll work as part of a team, dealing with a wide range of incidents from being asked for general advice, to dealing with life threatening situations. You must work quickly and accurately, using excellent communication, listening and data recording skills. Lateral vision is essential in this role as it will be your job to risk assess each incident ensuring that there is enough information to maximise Police Officer and public safety.
This is a challenging yet rewarding role, with many benefits including excellent onward career opportunities within the Force Control Room and further in the G4S & Lincolnshire Police organisations.
The Call Taker role is a full time position for 37 hours per week on average, worked on a shift pattern of 2 days, 2 nights and 4 off.. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
If successful upon application you will be invited to undertake a series of competency tests, followed by an interview.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
Please be aware the contract between G4S Policing Services and Lincolnshire Police ceases on 31 March 2022. Where there is a requirement for services to continue beyond this date, roles may be TUPE transferred to the new employer responsible for delivering the services from 1 April 2022 onwards, but at this stage we are working through with Lincolnshire Police what the new provision of services will look like and we would then discuss any impacts with staff once we have this information.
- Answer all emergency 999 calls and non-emergency calls within Force and National targets.
- Create incident logs in line with National Standards of incident recording. Ensure that all information is accurate and complies with local policies and national legislation. Where an incident requires the deployment of an officer ensure that this is expedited via a Controller.
- Using systems, procedures and problem solving skills, attempt to resolve queries in a manner that is acceptable to the caller and agreed by them, without allocating a police officer.
- When the caller requires advice ensure that the subject is properly researched and correct advice is given, and an incident log is created including the advice you have given to the caller.
- Operate computerised systems in support of the function in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to enquiries from other agencies or people requesting information.
- Inform the duty Supervisor promptly of any serious incidents and any other matter requiring a supervisor’s attention, i.e. pursuits, firearms incidents etc. In addition ensure such incidents are brought to the immediate attention of the FCR Supervisors or, where appropriate, the operational supervisor responsible for that area.
- Treat all callers with respect, courtesy and cordiality, whilst obtaining relevant accurate information quickly.
- Undertake the training appropriate to the switchboard and carry out the role of switchboard operator as required to meet organisational needs.
- Participate by active involvement in any consultation or Force Control Room user group meetings, with the aim of improving the quality of service provided.
- Promote best practice by highlighting or suggesting improvements in working practices, arrangements or technology.
- Understand and enforce corporate policy as regards the use and abuse of emergency telephone lines.
- Be a driving force for changes and best practice within the Control Room.
- Provide cover for the Town Enquiry Offices, if/when required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Customer Care or experience in Customer Service Environment
- Experience dealing with telephone enquiries
- Demonstrates experience in using Microsoft Office and windows based packages
- Demonstrates the ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally
- Communicates effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing avoiding jargon
- Uses listening and questioning techniques to elicit relevant information
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse verbal information and extract relevant data from this
- Experience of dealing with vulnerable, upset and angry customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer care issues
Jobs that might be of interest:Traffic Process Administration Assistant
Apply now CMB Administrator
Apply now CMB Administrator
Apply now Town Enquiry Officer
Apply now Town Enquiry Officer - Boston - Part time flexi 20/30 hours per week