Business Support Manager Chelmsford, Essex £28,000 to £30,000
Business Support ManagerLocation: Chelmsford, Essex | Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 | Posted: 7 Nov 2018 | Closes: 28 Nov 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7269
Business Support Manager
Chelmsford, Essex with occasional travelling to London Victoria
£28,000 to £30,000 per annum
Full Time - 40 hours per week
We transport patients (PTS) to and from hospital safely, comfortably and on time. We work in partnership with NHS Trusts for the benefit of patients and to provide a high quality service. Our staff are highly trained and our vehicles are clean and well equipped to maintain or improve quality of life whilst patients are in our care. We are now looking for a Business Support Manager to join our team.
As the lead support to the Managing Director you will assist them in day-to-day activity where you will be required to research matters, write & produce briefs, letters & reports. You will be required to liaise direct with customers/clients on behalf of the MD and play a key role in the senior management team to improve the business operationally and financially by supporting the Managing Director to achieve the transport Services objectives by working more effectively.
- Proactive management and consolidation of MD e-mails consolidating, allocating and collating responses as necessary
- Research matters on behalf of the MD
- Produce and/or reports, letters and briefs for the MD .
- Tracking of required responses to activities and follow up to ensure detail collated and compliant
- Collating and distribute reporting requirements as required for business and MD.
- Collation and co-ordination of specific areas for MD including each area of responsibility PTS Operations, PTS Compliance, Fleet (Regional), CCPES (Operations and demobilisation), HR (Regional) Business Development (PTS and Prisoner Escorting)
- Support the development of specific projects aligned to the strategic plan within agreed budgets, timeframes and scope
- Monitoring, auditing and assurance of specific work packages arising from operational changes or incidents including the collation of evidence and information
- Attending meetings as required taking minutes, actions as required.
- Organise meetings for MD and others within the business as required
- Support the Managing Director in driving progress against plans
- Contribute to projects by conducting research and preparing updates and reports as necessary
- Day to day responsibility for co-ordinating content and preparation for weekly review meetings, ongoing projects, performance improvement plans, communication and engagement content
- Managing the MD diary
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, team members as required to support MD activity
- Work with professionalism, honesty and integrity maintaining confidentiality
- Treat people fairly, with respect, impartiality and consistency.
- Comply with organisation stands in relation to H&S, safeguarding, business ethics, data protection and values.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous demonstrable experience of working in a complex coordinator/business support role
- Previous experience of working in a multisite fast paced environment
- Experience of dealing with complex multiple tasks
- Demonstration of preparing plans, reports and delivering actions to deadlines
- Experience of strategic thinking
- Excellent communication, influence and engagement skills
- Maintain confidentiality, professionalism and integrity
- Work off own initiative within an autonomous environment and deliver results
- Flexibility in relation to working hours & locations
- Presentation of information and data
- IT proficient
- Experience of working with outsource organisation
- Knowledge of working with commercial contracts and interpretation
- Project management experience
Jobs that might be of interest:Internal Recruiter
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Apply now Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Location: Woolwich, Greater London
Apply now Patient Transport Logistics Officer
Location: Fitzrovia, Greater London
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent