Business Intelligence Database Developer Chancery House, Sutton, London Competitive
Business Intelligence Database DeveloperLocation: Chancery House, Sutton, London | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 17 Dec 2021 | Closes: 31 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7158
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
As part of the Decision Support team, you will be responsible for the full Cash UK business intelligence data warehouse; including all aspects of reliability, improvement, integrity, and future development pathways.
You will work closely with the Business Intelligence Reporting Lead, and the IT Applications support team to ensure that that our customers, and the wider Cash UK business are serviced with readily available, up to date, accurate information to ensure that we are able to comply with our regulatory and contractual requirements, and ensure efficiency across our operational business.
What you’ll be doing straight away:
- Launch a full end-to-end audit of all ETLs. master data, data redundancy and documentation in the current SQL environment. Identify key weaknesses and corrective action plans prior to database migration.
- Head up the data warehouse modernisation project, from product selection, database migration, and implementation strategy in 2022.
- Work closely with the Operations, and IT Application team on the deployment of a brand new key production system being implemented in 2021 to ensure seamless data warehouse migration throughout project implementation.
- Take ownership of the data warehouse development pathway, leading prioritisation, resourcing and stakeholder communication on all development projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Act as the subject matter expert, and key consultant for the wider business on the design and implementation of new and existing datasets.
- Work closely with the BI reporting lead to capture, prioritise and implement development projects to enhance the performance of MI across the business.
- Identify and propose improvements to the underlying DW architecture to improve query efficiency, reduce perceived data complexity and enhance end-user experience
- Champion a robust, yet agile change culture with Decision Support, ensure all documentation remains current.
- Ownership of all production, and intra-data warehouse ETL’s - underpin current ETL reliability, development of new ETL packages.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent level education in a data based discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data based role, with demonstrable experience on several data related projects requiring a deep understanding of data architecture in SQL, ETL design using SSIS , data mapping, and data quality assessments.
- A DevOps mindset with an innate drive to understand the end-to-end journey of data throughout our business, and self generate value adding projects.
- A passion for being involved in the wider business beyond the data, working with operations and ops support to understand the human and operational processes at all levels around the business to understand how they generate and consume data, whilst generating value for our customers.
- A meticulous approach to problem solving, leveraged to identify the true root cause of reliability, or data quality issues and propose corrective projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and influence technical and non-technical peers at all levels of the business.
You may also have:
- Hands-on experience of database migration from MS SQL to other cloud database environments (such BIG Query or Snowflake)
- HTML, G-Suite, API, or other non-SQL development experience
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
You’ll need to provide 10-year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
You will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner. We’ll provide all the training and support to help you to progress as a key member of our world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, paid overtime, pension scheme, life assurance and free uniform, as well as employee assistance programme: We Care - 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.