Business Development Manager Mississauga, Ontario Competitive
Business Development ManagerLocation: Mississauga, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 13 Feb 2020 | Closes: 13 Mar 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/185659
Business Development Manager
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd, including, but not limited to: background check, criminal check and reference checks. Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by management.
The Business Development Manager creates a level of confidence with each prospective client, becoming a trusted advisor by truly understanding the personal win-results of each level of corporate buyer while having the ability to parlay those desired outcomes into winning sales strategies and solutions that leverage the company's service strengths. The position requires the ability to drive strong lead generation activities within the marketplace, including calling into prospective accounts and development of new business within existing accounts.
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Identifies industries, geographic areas, and new markets in need of security services
- Stays current on the entire line of security solutions provided by G4S Canada
- Analyzes the requirements of formal RFPs and decides what information needs to be included in the proposal
- Develops sales proposal; co-ordinates with District Staff and Shared Services as required
- Makes presentations to potential client decision makers, either individually or co-ordinates a team of specialists to assist in the presentation
- Makes initial and follow-up calls to prospective users of security services for the purpose of scheduling sales appointments
- Creates marketing letters and other materials for prospective customers maintaining corporate standards at all times
- Attends self-generated sales appointments, educating potential customers on G4S products and solutions
- Maintains database of prospective customers recording contact history and future activities
- Makes recurring calls on present clients for business maintenance and enhancement (value-added solutions) purposes
- Participates in local trade shows and seminars
- Becomes an active member of local chapters such as ASIS, The Chamber of Commerce, BOMA, charitable organizations, etc. for the purposes of business development
- Represents and promotes G4S interests both internally and externally
- Ensures G4S international branding standards are met
- Reports to management as requested; weekly, monthly, etc.
Education and Experience
- College or University Degree in a marketing or business-related field
- Minimum five years work-related experience in a sales and marketing role, preferably in the Security Industry
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and/or passport
- Familiarity with contact management systems, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas
- Basic understanding and comprehension of financial concepts and terminology\Excellent listening skills, client service, and consulting skills
- Exceptional verbal communication, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employee groups and building partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Business Development Manager - Manned Guarding
Location: Mississauga, Ontario