Business Development Manager - Secure - Mining - Gauteng Gauteng Market related
Business Development Manager - Secure - Mining - GautengLocation: Gauteng | Salary: Market related | Posted: 17 Jan 2022 | Closes: 17 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/7499209/219450
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated security management solutions, has a vacancy for a Business Development Manager based at our operations in Gauteng
Reporting to the Sales Director the successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Business Development Manager plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective management of sales and marketing in the region in compliance with G4S business strategy
- Development of sales strategy specific to the region, through analysis of the region’s business profile, products and services available / required, existing customer base, resources and competitors.
- Identification of potential new business opportunities through consultation and cooperation with operational management, planned prospecting, leads, cold calling, tender notices.
- The identification and development of business opportunities in the mining business in the entire African continent as per the company’s business growth aspiration and company targets for the MEA Region
- Establishing and fostering strong contacts with key players and decision makers in the African mining market to consolidate cross border group activities.
- Promoting client products and services on corporate level and understand customer needs.
- Acting as regional coordinator between customer, distributor, regional as well as global CLIENT sales units to grow CLIENT’s business in the region
- Arrange and conduct meetings with new and existing business prospects, in conjunction with operational management where appropriate, to market G4S integrated security solutions.
- Conduct / arrange site surveys to identify risks and develop appropriate solution to meet customer needs.
- Prepare and submit sales proposals / tenders to prospective customers. Where necessary, prepare and conduct sales presentation.
- Obtain approval from the Regional Financial Manager that the proposal complies with the PAP Model
- In consultation with the ROD and Financial Manager, ensure that annual contract escalations of existing customers are finalised.
Effective performance of Sales and Marketing administrative functions
- Finalise contract documentation (Service Agreement, Letter of Intent) as per standard terms and conditions, with any variation approved by National Office.
- Preparation and submission of Contract Schedule to appropriate departments for processing.
- Ensure that a customer file is maintained, containing a signed copy of the contract, contract schedule, as well as any other relevant documentation.
- Ensure that Head Office is provided with copies of all signed contracts.
- Ensure that the contract status report is updated on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the ERP system is constantly updated with all required information on new and existing customers.
- Where required by the Regional Operations Director, coordinate Public Relations activities, Company sponsored events, and the control and distribution of corporate gifts.
Effective reporting on regional Sales and Marketing activities
- Preparation and submission of monthly report to ROD and National Sales and Marketing Director.
- Provide Financial Manager with accurate information on new and lost business as required.
- Advise regional operational management of sales activities, competitors and customer needs.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in engineering (or equivalent) or business administration: sales & marketing (or equivalent).
- Extensive knowledge - 5 years in the African mining market, relevant competitors and industry applications.
- 8 plus years industry experience in Business Development.
Skills and Attributes
- Delivering strategy
- Collaborating and Co-operating
- Relationship Building
- Awareness of Market Environment
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Persuasiveness/Sales Ability
- Customer Thinking
- Computer literacy