Business Development Executive - G4S Deposita - South Africa Gauteng Market Related
Business Development Executive - G4S Deposita - South AfricaLocation: Gauteng | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 3 Aug 2021 | Closes: 9 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2699739/215479
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Business Development Executive
G4S has a vacancy for a Business Development Executive based as our G4S Deposita operations in Midrand.
Reporting to the Head Retail Sales, the Business Development Executive is responsible for identifying new business opportunities in the assigned region, manage the quality and consistency of product, service and customer relations for new and existing business.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting
best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the
organisation, and understanding the role which sales administration plays within a successful business unit.
The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of the position:
To develop and maintain a close relationship with potential and current customers, so as to meet business development targets.
Conclude new and additional business sales
- Prepare and follow a call plan that ensures maximum exploitation of new and additional business opportunity in the market.
- Prepare and submit accurate quotations timeously
- Follow up on quotations through to contract signature
- Ensure that the loading of sales by Sales Administration is done accurately and correctly into all programs.
- Provide assistance, advice and guidance to the region’s Account Executives on the Cash360 product.
- Conduct a Security Survey for each potential customer as part of the quotation process to ensure that risks associated with the service are identified and wherever possible, reduced from the outset.
Manage a structured and effective client retention strategy
- Develop and maintain call plans for effective continuous contact with current customers.
- Address queries from customers
Facilitate the provision of an effective service to customers, to meet requirements and service satisfaction,
Plan to visit customers on a weekly basis to discuss and offer new product lines and services as part of a retention strategy
Act timeously in response to issues that threaten off-business
Ensure that all service delivery agreements with customers are documented and properly communicated to operations.
Prepare properly motivated renewal justifications where required and conduct such renewal negotiations with customers where necessary.
Competent administration and product knowledge
- Ensure that there is accurate and current input and maintenance of customer information and documentation both on file, Salesforce and all other formats on a daily / weekly / monthly basis.
- Give advice and guidance to other Account Executives within the region with regards to the requirements of Salesforce loading and reporting requirements
- Prepare an accurate monthly report and submit to the Area Sales Manager within the time frames laid down.
- Ensure that all commission claims are prepared in line with the commission policy and that they match the corresponding invoiced sales.
Health and Safety
Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
Attend safety education and refresher programmes
Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum Grade 12
- Customer Relationship Management - 2 years
- Sales/Marketing Diploma
- High level of written and verbal communication
- Sales planning and execution experience - 2 years
- Customer relations skills
- Willing to travel and flexible working hours
- Presentation skills
- Ability to persuade customer
- Intermediate Computer literacy
- Good time management
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com