Business Analyst Worksop, Nottinghamshire Competitive
Business AnalystLocation: Worksop, Nottinghamshire | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 13 Jan 2021 | Closes: 17 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2072
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst to join our team. Responsible for the review and management of the corporate cost base. This role is based in Worksop with the requirement to travel to London.
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
Main purpose of the role:
- Finance Analyst responsible for the review and management of the corporate cost base (c£60m)
- This cost base covers costs in 2 large corporate entities and minor costs in c25 holding entities. This involves liaising with the accountants for each of these entities to ensure that actuals are submitted on time, and variances to budgets and forecasts are explained.
- The cost base consists of costs across c15 corporate functions (e.g. BD & Sales, Legal, Procurement etc.). This involves business partnering with the departmental heads for each of these functions to provide them with detail of their performance and assist them in preparing forecasts and budgets.
- The role also covers the review of run rate costs, the identification of potential savings for year to go and the communication of these savings upwards to group management and also to the functional department heads.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Month-end procedures:
- Review and approval of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure integrity of financial statements
- Preparation of GEC (Group Executive Committee) summary of corporate costs for the month, with commentary on variances against forecast, budget and prior year.
- Distribution of Functional Costs summary for c15 functions to the Group Functional leaders, including variance analysis.
- Analysis of OCF (operating cashflow) by entity and explanation of significant variances.
- Liaison with the project manager of the UK system implementation project to ensure that costs are correctly reflected in the monthly accounts.
- Ensuring that the Group Finance manual is adhered to in all cases, and sign off on the minimum financial controls checklist for the main corporate entity.
- On an ad-hoc but regular basis:
- Analysis of run rate costs, open vacancies, uncommitted spend, and preparation of potential savings summary.
- Quarterly, and sometime more frequent, forecasts in the group consolidation system BPC.
- Business partnering for the functional department heads, assisting them with investment or restructuring business cases, deep dives into their costs and helping them to identify savings.
- Point of contact for Tax and Treasury for the main corporate entity and dealing with intercompany transactions.
- Running models for recharge of global costs to the businesses across the group.
- On an annual basis:
- Preparation and review of the budget and the 5 Year Plan with the functional department heads, assisting with analysis and employee cost schedules, and uploading the financials to the group consolidation system.
- Liaising with the external auditors during the yearend audit.
- Budget Holders
- Group Head of Reporting, Planning & Analysis
The Ideal Candidate:
Competencies/ Personal Requirements:
You will already be fully qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least one year PQE, with a comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and knowledge of financial IT systems, preferably SAP. You will also:
- Have advanced Excel skills including good modelling skills.
- The ability to work across different teams.
- Have experience in creating and modifying financial models for reforecasting and sensitivity analysis.
- Thrive under pressure, manage exacting priorities and have a keen eye for detail.
Jobs that might be of interest:Accounting Clerk
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Health and Safety Manager
Location: WINDHOEK HEAD OFFICE