Security Officer Swinton, Manchester £9.33 in first 6 months, rising to £9.63 after 6 months, rising to £9.93 after 1 year
Security OfficerLocation: Swinton, Manchester | Salary: £9.33 in first 6 months, rising to £9.63 after 6 months, rising to £9.93 after 1 year | Posted: 29 Jul 2021 | Closes: 20 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7182
Uniform, Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Corporate Perks & Discounts, Payroll Giving, Flexible Working Policies, Training & Development Opportunities, Recognition Scheme.
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Main Purpose of Job
We currently have a number of opportunities for a Branch Security Officer (6 month FTC) to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Branch Security Officer you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be all aspects of security at the branch, controlling the entry and exit of vehicles, employees and visitors to and from the branch. You will also need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained with optimum efficiency. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Monitoring the CCTV systems and escalating security issues and liaising with all other departments and National Control Centre. Raising the alarm in the event of attack.
- Operation of switchboard when required.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Be aware of health and safety issues and ensure all employees are able to work in a safe manner.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Liaise with other departments, branches, customers and suppliers, as appropriate, to resolve issues and maintain security and service.
- Control the entry and exit of vehicles, employees and visitors to, from and within the branch.
- Ensure quality standards (5S) are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Follow well-defined procedures to ensure the security of the buildings.
- Responsible for branch security, monitoring all areas of the location and escalating issues immediately.
- To carry out the opening and closing of the location (if applicable).
- To carry out airport style searches.
- To be trusted with some access control information.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Experience Required
- Able to pass a Criminal Record Bureau check either obtained by DBS or Security Industry Association Licence.
- Checkable 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and Identity check.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work at pace with accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Willing to undergo an airport style search when entering and leaving our premises
- Must be comfortable working within a secure, confined and highly regulated environment.
- Willing to undertake shift work
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Security conscious.
- Experience of monitoring and controlling security equipment.
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 10 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Jobs that might be of interest:Driver - Cash Transportation
Apply now Processor - Cash
Location: Swinton, Manchester
Apply now Driver - Cash Transportation
Apply now Courier - Multi Drop
Apply now Branch Security Officer