Branch Security Officer Edinburgh £15000 - £19999
Branch Security OfficerLocation: Edinburgh | Salary: £15000 - £19999 | Posted: 1 May 2019 | Closes: 17 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6178
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for all aspects of security at the branch, controlling the entry and exit of vehicles, employees and visitors to and from the branch. To work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained with optimum efficiency.
Team Work and Collaboration
- Monitoring the CCTV systems and escalating security issues and liaising with all other departments and National Control Centre. Raising the alarm in the event of attack.
- Operation of switchboard when required.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable
- Be aware of health and safety issues and ensure all employees are able to work in a safe manner.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Liaise with other departments, branches, customers and suppliers, as appropriate, to resolve issues and maintain security and service.
- Control the entry and exit of vehicles, employees and visitors to, from and within the branch.
- Ensure quality standards (5S) are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Follow well-defined procedures to ensure the security of the buildings.
- Responsible for branch security, monitoring all areas of the location and escalating issues immediately.
- To carry out the opening and closing of the location (if applicable).
- To carry out airport style searches.
- To be trusted with some access control information.
This job description will be subject to change in accordance with operational developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:Skills and Experience Required
- Able to pass a Criminal Record Bureau check either obtained by Disclosure of Scotland or Security Industry Association Licence.
- Checkable 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and Identity check.
- Prepared to undergo airport style searches.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work at pace with accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Security conscious.
- Ability to be available 24 hours / 7days a week.
- Ability to work in a security confined environment.
- Experience of monitoring and controlling security equipment.
Jobs that might be of interest:Cashier - Part time Weekend (8 hours)
Apply now Secure Driver - Dayshift
Apply now Cashier PM Shift 13:40 -22:00
Location: Batteresa London
Apply now Full Time Vault Officer
Apply now Part Time Secure Driver