Branch Officer (Port Shepstone) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Port Shepstone Market related
Branch Officer (Port Shepstone) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Port Shepstone | Salary: Market related | Posted: 14 Nov 2018 | Closes: 24 May 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/133791
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for Branch Officer in Port Shepstone.
The Branch Security Officer would be assisting the Branch Manager by maintaining effective branch security and ensuring that standard security operating procedures are adhered to by all relevant staff.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Security plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of the position:
To assist the Branch Manager by maintaining effective branch security and ensuring that standard security operating procedures are adhered to by all relevant staff
Responsible and accountable for effective Branch Security
- Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of the customers area
- Conduct regular branch evaluations minimum requirement once a month
- Conduct regular checks of all security equipment (record in relevant register – daily, weekly and monthly)
- Daily testing of all alarm systems. Conduct full checks once a week on alarm system to ensure that they are in good working condition in conjunction with National Control Centre and alarm monitoring company.
- Complete necessary fault report once received full report from National Control Centre
- Control key holder responsibilities at all times with Tactical Support Officer
- Control effective and efficient Access Control procedures and Property Protection
- Manage the safety procedures of the payouts.
- Conduct site surveys on the premises of new customers, large payroll customers and customers with large cash movements to ascertain the safety of delivery and pick up points and make an assessment of the premises.
- Obtain information of necessary documentation from customers in the result of an incident or cash loss.
- Report after an investigation into all cash losses and where and where cash losses are less than R1000 , submit all relevant details (CCTV Footage and relevant paper work) to the Group Security Department within 24hrs.
- Assist in any investigation within a branch that may deem to be necessary from time to time ie departmental or criminal in nature
- Control the scene and take immediate action for robberies. Do not communicate any information to media.
- Investigate all E-Viper overrides done by Tactical Support Officers
Reports and Registers
- Conduct branch evaluation security reports on a monthly basis for Branch Management information
- Compile in conjunction with Branch Manager a priority list for all approved security recommendations
- Manage firearms register to ensure that the firearm register is up to date for recording all movements on firearms
- Control stock on a register for ammunition register
- Control equipment Register
- Control ID card register
- Control Visitors card register
- Manage the recording of cash recovered from theft or robbery
- Manage the reports from vehicle technology in respect of vehicle security checks
- Manage the planning and forecasting of 3 month road checks
- Manage all stained note administration
- Manage all client and branch spare keys
Implement and evaluate security operating procedure
- Monitor alarm reaction instructions and ensure that they are current. Communicate to Tactical Support Officers to ensure that they are in place and understood
- Ensure that contact number and address for standby officer is placed in the control room
- Implement and initiate alarm reaction procedures
- Manage the Procedure of incident reporting in the Motor Vehicle accidents procedure
Control and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure the fire-fighting equipment is in place at the branch and that this equipment is maintained and serviced to acceptable standards (at least once a year)
- Control daily checks of Bulk vehicles used for banking and ensure that the daily limits of the vehicle are not exceeded.
- Ensure that all security equipment is serviceable at all times.
Management and Supervision of staff
- Ensure that all staff are trained on standard operating procedure and policies relevant to their role (specific to security equipment and procedures)
- Supervise T.S.O.’s and ensure that all job functions are correctly carried out, report back on findings
- Supervise the overall security of road operations and adherence to all standing orders in respect of operational systems, box drills and defensive procedures (Vehicle loading, Vehicle movement, Operational drills, Banking hall and 3rd men operations, Radio procedures, Emergency procedures)
- Plan effective utilisation of armed escorts in conjunction with Branch Manager(When required)
- Assume necessary responsibilities as branch manager in the absence of branch management in line with previous capabilities.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Drivers License
- PDP License
- PSIRA Grade B and CIT
- Knowledge of G4S standard operating procedures
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Security Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Computer literate - ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Strong risk management and investigations skills
- Report writing skills
- Awareness of the market
- Delivering strategy
- Driving change
- Leading People
- Delivering Performance
- Working with Complexity
- Managing Professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest: