Branch Manager - Security Industry Vancouver, British Columbia Competitive
Branch Manager - Security IndustryLocation: Vancouver, British Columbia | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 | Closes: 21 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/166617
Branch Manager - Security Industry
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
Are you in search of a career and not a job? Would the idea of working for the largest company in the Canadian security industry appeal to you?
G4S presently employs over 9,000 staff in Canada and is looking to add a Branch Manager to one of its offices.
The Branch Manager is the business leader of a G4S Secure Solutions in a specific geographical market. He or she must have an acute awareness of the market environment, and demonstrate sound business, financial, and growth-oriented management practices in support of multiple business customers; and, as the senior executive in the area office, provide leadership, coaching and direction to the entire office team. The Branch Manager is primarily responsible for the growth and profitability of the business and retention of existing accounts through excellent service delivery under the guidance of the Regional Vice President.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct supervision, guidance, and support of office personnel including recruitment, training, corrective actions, and adherence to company policy.
- Manage the business development actions of the Business Development Manager (BDM). Where no BDM exists, perform business development for the area office, including prospecting, presentations, development of RFP responses, contract negotiations, and closing of new business.
- Ensure that the planned profitability of all services is realized by utilizing sound financial management principles and continual review of appropriate management information reports (e.g., Profit & Loss, Job Profitability, Weekly Hours, budgeting, collections, etc.).
- Ensure that all Area Office personnel understand, and comply with, all applicable, wage and hour, and other labour laws governing employment.
- Ensure that G4S Secure Solutions is providing quality service to our clients and that these accounts are operated in a manner consistent with established policies, contracts, and applicable laws. Maintain an active, strong client relations program by making frequent personal visits to discuss any problems or recommendations for the improvement of service provided.
- As a Branch Manager, you will be a well-rounded professional with the ability to contribute in other areas to ensure the smooth running of the branch. These areas include but are not limited to training, recruiting and scheduling where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Prior experience independently managing all aspects of a business enterprise with an annual revenue in excess of $5M (amount will vary by size of area office)
- Prior security-related management experience in a multi-location environment
- Experience in solution sales or other service-industry sales
- Experience managing a unionized workforce
- Understanding of the demographics and business environment of the local market
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Regional Service Delivery Manager (Victoria International Airport)
Location: Sidney, BC
Apply now Project Superintendent
Location: Renton, Washington
Apply now Regional Service Delivery Manager - Kelowna Int'l Airport
Location: Kelowna, BC
Apply now Receptionist
Location: Galway, Ireland
Apply now Superintendent
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois