Branch General Manager Norwich upto £50k
Branch General ManagerLocation: Norwich | Salary: upto £50k | Posted: 12 Oct 2020 | Closes: 25 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7070
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
To manage the resources and work processes cost effectively and efficiently to ensure that the contractual obligations to the customer are achieved. To continually contribute to the monitoring and improvement of Branch profitability and security.
- Engage regularly with local customers served by the branch, developing relationships that support contract retention. Contribute to the pricing of temporary and local contracted work.
- Ensures that all staff maintains a high level of customer care (to contractual requirement) by monitoring service levels and ensuring that corrective action is taken as appropriate.
- Sets and agrees clear objectives with subordinates, regularly monitoring their performance and taking action to correct shortfalls.
- Develop your operation and teams to meet financial and efficiency targets through a continuous improvement approach.
- Deliver improving financial performance for the operation, ensuring the Branch meets budget commitments.
- Recommends capital expenditure to the Fields Ops Director and control a revenue expenditure limit.
- Optimises resources and continuously reviews the operations within the branch to improve profitability and customer service, managing change where necessary.
- Drive a lean culture through the branch.
- Analyses training needs for all staff ensuring that training complies with Company policy and is monitored for effectiveness. Coaches staff where appropriate.
- Maintains the branch succession plans, developing the team members to achieve their potential in current and future roles.
- Ensures that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, security, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained.
- Deals with disciplinary matters, including dismissals, and appeals and grievances in line with Company policy. Informs staff of changes in terms and conditions. Ensures appropriate consultation with TU/Staff Representatives.
- Leads the branch management team and motivates staff through the team. Holds regular management meetings and communicates to all branch staff through staff briefings.
- Contribute to the Branch Network as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice.
The Ideal Candidate:
Strong Commercial background
Excellent management / people skills
Profit & Loss experience
Proven experience in customer service
Experienced in people management in a Trade Union environment
Lean Management Understanding
Jobs that might be of interest:Foreman
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now Security Supervisor
Location: Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Apply now Property Assistant - County Fermanagh
Location: County Fermanagh, United Kingdom
Apply now Property Assistant - County Derry/Londonderry
Location: County Londonderry, United Kingdom
Apply now Property Assistant - County Tyrone
Location: County Tyrone, United Kingdom