Branch Administrator (Cape Town) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Cape Town Market related
Branch Administrator (Cape Town) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Cape Town | Salary: Market related | Posted: 12 Feb 2019 | Closes: 28 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a Branch Administrator based in Cape Town.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Branch Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the administration support process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Prepare relevant data for Management in respect of budget and forecast processes within guidelines of financial policies in the branch.
- Preparation and timeous submission of the branches annual budget and quarterly forecast for ROD and Business Analyst approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures
Ensure branch compliance with company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
- Capture cash processing invoices to customers on SAP
- Process all credit notes for customers on SAP
- Ensure that all the income for revenue planned is achieved
- Overview of the branch Accounts Receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised.
- Release collections on the bank
- Authorize and capture supplier invoices on SAP for payment by Accounts Payable
- Complete new vendor motivations for processing
- Prepare accrual journals for Regional Business Analyst
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for MMR, Balance Sheets, Activity Schedules and consumable stock
- Check monthly reconciliation for Cash Processing
- Preparation and timeous submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Regional Operations Director.
- Compile and review of regional balance sheet reconciliations where applicable (* function normally done by business analyst)
- Oversee earnings analysis (salary report) on a monthly basis
- Monitor and Control timeous and accurate processing of accounting transactions on the G4S SAP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Conduct monthly consumable stock audits
- Capture all consumable stock onto SAP system on a monthly basis
Manage the process of all Capex motivations for central control
Check all petty cash reimbursements and submit for central control
Management and Supervision of staff
- Ensure that all staff are trained on standard operating
Consumable Stock procedure and policies relevant to their role (specific to branch administration procedures)
- Supervise branch admin and service and support staff and ensure that all job functions are correctly carried out, report back on findings
- Monitor attendance and approve leave for all administration personnel
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Accounting
- 3 years experience in Office Administration/Management
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- G4S Cash branch administration policy and procedures
- G4S HR policy and procedures
- G4S Business Ethics policy/ preventing Bribery and Corruption policy
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting
- MS Office
- SAP – creditors and credit notes
- Report writing skills
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Understanding Organization goals and objectives
- Understanding organization environment
- Dealing with change
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering customer service
- Acting professionally
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Managing and Leading people
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com