Bookkeeper (Zambezi) - G4S Secure Solutions - South Africa Zambezi Market Related
Bookkeeper (Zambezi) - G4S Secure Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Zambezi | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 26 Feb 2019 | Closes: 19 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3738492/146699
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Bookkeeper, based in Zambezi.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Bookkeeper is responsible for effectively and accurately recording financial transactions, monitoring delinquent accounts, preparing monthly statements and financial reports, and answering customer questions regarding billing issues. He/She will utilize company systems to manage and monitor the General Ledger, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. The Bookkeeper also informs Finance management, monthly or as needed, on the status of the financial statement.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Finance plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Ensure preparation and review of working spreadsheets and forms
- Prepare worksheets w.r.t. relevant accounts – standard journal templates, assist with monthly journals (Including Fleet) and preparing IOGL’s
- Credit note requests to be completed
Update regional databases
- Working with logistics to update and maintain all vehicle sheets (maintenance, rentals, owned vehicles)
- Update sundry revenue register
- Credit note request report
- Checkers card transactions
- Update monthly invoice list
- Monthly wage and salary allowance recon
Responsible for reconciliations
- Liaise with Cash book clerk w.r.t. the validity of debit orders and reconciliation thereof
- Balance sheet recons – update during the month and follow up on action points. Assist with accrual reversals
- Billing recon SMR
- Client billed not monitored – SMR
- Client monitored not billed – SMR
- Vehicle insurance recon (FAM)
Petty cash & credit cards
- Completing the petty and other cash/cheques reconciliation
- Following up on outstanding vouchers
- Completing credit card reconciliations
Financial accountability & responsibility
- Ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures
- Assist with budget and forecasts
- Assist with monthly profitability’s
- Review the detailed 12 month report with FM before month end close-off to raise accruals
Maintain commercial customer files
- In conjunction with Financial Accountant, update and maintain commercial customer files
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meetings/ committee/ representative/ management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- B.Com Accounting Degree or related Tertiary Qualification
- Previous logistics or manufacturing industry experience recommended
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ bookkeeping experience
- Previous experience in a similar position will be advantageous
Skills and Attributes
- Strong Excel Skills
- Excellent Administrative Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
About the Company:
About The Company
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Financial Accountant (Samrand) - G4S Deposita - South Africa
Apply now Procurement Specialist (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Revenue Administrator - G4S Kenya
Apply now Senior Internal Auditor - G4S Kenya
Apply now Exchequer Assistant