Billing Coordinator Sutton 22,000 - 24,0000
Billing CoordinatorLocation: Sutton | Salary: 22,000 - 24,0000 | Posted: 11 Jan 2019 | Closes: 11 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Main Purpose of Role:
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the generation and processing of invoices and credit notes onto the billing system. Run and review daily customer service reports to calculate and generate invoices, credit notes and accrual data in accordance with the billing cycles and month end processes. Investigate billing discrepancies through to resolution in order to ensure complete, timely and accurate invoicing for all chargeable revenue. Increase profitability by following the business and billing procedures and process controls to maximise revenue return and safe guard against revenue erosion and bad debt. Assist and support the Billing Team to deliver a high quality billing service for the Cash Solutions UK business. Support and improve the Customer experience.
- Produce and review appropriate productivity, financial or quality reports relating to revenue on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Provide revenue data information as requested by customers and colleagues for effective and timely resolution of billing related queries.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports to enable correct internal revenue recognition and share allocation to the branches
- Uphold timely revenue reconciliations
- Assist with billing functions to ensure punctual, accurate and complete charging of new and existing Cash Solutions customers.
- Raise invoices, process credit notes both manually and through the bulk upload procedure
- Calculate and generate monthly revenue journals and accruals
- Investigate discrepancies through to resolution in order to ensure complete, timely and accurate invoicing for chargeable revenue.
- Carry out ad hoc projects / tasks relating to revenue as required by the Billing Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- Communicate in a professional standard with external and internal customers.
- Ability to interpret operational and Customer requirements.
- Maintain and follow accepted procedures and standards to ensure departmental goals for revenue and services are met.
- Build on knowledge and expertise of products. How the service is untaken operationally and translated into the data held on the different systems.
- Improve margins through innovation, identification, definition and analysis of business efficiency by enhancing income and reducing costs.
- Support the productivity and proficiency of the Operational and Finance departments through the integrity of the data inputs.
- Support and assist Management in designing and testing improvements within the Billing software to reduce the reliance of excel spread sheets and provide an auditable revenue account of all call out work requests.
- Manages company data with the necessary confidentiality.
- Follows company policy on all aspects of security and risk.
- Works with professionalism, adhering to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. To treat people fairly, with respect, impartially and consistency.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Work as part of a team supporting the team objectives and Management directives.
- Part of a skilled Team dedicated to uphold the G4S commitment to our Customers.
- Resolve Branch / Region requests and proactively target data errors which cause reoccurring billing issues.
- Manage own workload according to performance targets and objectives, escalating to the Billing Manager where tasks may not be completed within the agreed timescales.
Knowledge and Key skills
- Part qualified Accountant / demonstrable numeracy skills and financial accounting / business studies
- Intermediate to advanced level of Excel skills.
- Knowledge of CRM / Billing systems.
- Previous experience of data entry in an accuracy controlled environment
- Experience within a customer focused environment, possessing excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Previous experience of Cognos or MI reporting tools.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Teamwork and co-operation for the achievement of common goals
- Communication skills, the ability to give and receive information effectively, using appropriate techniques.
- Managing own performance and time management.
- Approach work with a “can do” attitude.
Jobs that might be of interest:Credit Control Administrator
Location: Sutton Park House
Apply now Finance Director
Apply now Commercial Director
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Group Systems Accountant
Location: Victoria, London
Apply now Accounts Assistant