Bilingual Scheduler (French/English) - Part Time Position Etobicoke, Ontario Competitive
Bilingual Scheduler (French/English) - Part Time PositionLocation: Etobicoke, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 4 Mar 2020 | Closes: 4 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/187623
Bilingual Scheduler - Toronto (French and English)
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
General purpose and function:
- Set up and maintain static guard work assignments, according to the customer’s needs.
- Identify and assign qualified guards to ensure all assignments are fully and suitably staffed.
- Respond to ad hoc (sudden, short term) requests and dispatch guards in an expedient matter.
- Assist with guard interaction and engagement, as required
- Assist the Operations team with all scheduling efforts.
Specific duties performed and essential functions (but not limited to):
- Set up and maintain master security guard schedules for all customer job sites within a specific geographical location (branch, region, etc.).
- For all guard assignments, identify appropriately trained and qualified guards, check their availability and schedule their work.
- Identify and dispatch replacement guards for unexpected vacancies.
- Identify and dispatch guards in response to requests for ad hoc services, stand-downs, temporary work from current customers, special events, etc.
- Distribute work schedules to guards and respond to inquiries as necessary.
- Review and reconcile any issues with completed work to ensure correct guard payroll.
- Respond to and/or escalate service inquiries from customers, guards and internal staff.
- As needed, assist with scheduling on-site and off-site guard training, as well as scheduling replacement guards for any affected assignments.
- Record all information relating to guard job performance, such as absences, delays, recommendations for disciplinary action, etc.
- Assist the HR and recruiting teams by identifying gaps, areas for improvement and other recruitment and HR issues as they relate to existing guard resources.
- Work with members of the appropriate Operations team to ensure a smooth, consistent approach to the Scheduling workflow.
- Use the specific G4S tools and technology to manage work schedules, guard assignments, customer site details and guard performance records (i.e., TimeGate, etc).
- As needed, assist with optimization projects that have the goal of improving G4S workflows, standard operating procedures, processes and tasks.
- At all times, maintain the confidentiality of all information relative to Company operations and staff.
- At all times, maintain the confidentiality of highly-sensitive customer information
- Represent and promote the values and vision of G4S both internally and externally, while following all G4S policies and procedures.
- At all times, maintain a professional, courteous and diplomatic level of communication, whether by phone, email or face-to- face.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by management.
The Ideal Candidate:
Basic requirements a candidate must have in order to be hired:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ experience as a scheduler
- Experience working with TimeGate or other time and attendance management software
- French and English - verbal and written skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage resource assignment in accordance with customer needs and requirements
- Ability to track and analyze short, medium and long term scheduling trends
- Skilled at identifying critical issues quickly and accurately and implementing established SOP solutions
- Proven skills in working effectively and building relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Superb customer service and phone handling skills
- Proactive in assessing competing priorities and negotiating a resolution acceptable to everyone involved
- Strong analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office applications
- Typing skills and keyboarding proficiency
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Program Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Apply now Fiber Optic Project Manager
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Project Manager
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Apply now Project Manager
Location: City of Industry, California
Apply now Project Superintendent
Location: Renton, Washington