Bid Manager London/Home based Competitive
Bid ManagerLocation: London/Home based | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 17 Sep 2020 | Closes: 30 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2048
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bid Manager to join our Major Bids team. If that experience is in the Justice, Resettlement or Employability Sectors that would be advantageous in this post. You will engage with internal and external stakeholders to identify, pursue and successfully convert multi-million pound opportunities. As well as ensuring that all activities related to the submission of successful bids are completed, you will project manage the development of winning operational solutions and compelling commercial propositions. To succeed in this role you will have a track record of growing business and winning bids for the public sector and be commercially focused, creative, confident, self-driven and inventive with the ability to originate complex commercial solutions. As a person you will have excellent interpersonal and communications skills as well as the ability to listen and to communicate complex ideas confidently.
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
- Ensure operationally viable, creative solutions that reflect best practice and value for money are submitted.
- Develop and manage Bid Plans to deliver bid requirements on time
- Identify and acquire all necessary team resources including staff, IT and finances
- Analysis of markets and competitors
- Draft tender documentation and ensure clearance by Project Board
- Produce final tender to agreed timescale and specification
- Follow up on any bid queries initiated by the client
- Manage relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders and bid approval processes
The Ideal Candidate:
- A track record of growing business and winning bids for the public sector.
- Commercially focused, creative, confident, self-driven and inventive, able to originate complex commercial solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – the ability to listen and to communicate complex ideas confidently.
- Justice, Resettlement or Employability experience
- Project Management experience
- 2+ years big bidding experience.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sales Engineer
Apply now Account Executive
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Apply now Inside Sales Representative
Location: Remote - USA
Apply now Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Hawthorne, California
Apply now Account Executive
Location: New York, New York