Bid Executive Sutton, Surrey £25,000-£35,000
Bid ExecutiveLocation: Sutton, Surrey | Salary: £25,000-£35,000 | Posted: 8 Jan 2019 | Closes: 20 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
This a unique opportunity to join a subsidiary of a worldwide company as a Bid Executive, allowing you to refine your skills in a challenging and exciting organisation to deliver exceptional business growth within the Cash Services marketplace. With excellent training and development opportunities you will be a stakeholder in refining our bid execution to ensure high quality submissions in both the SME and Corporate sector.
As part of the Sales and Commercial function, your main focus will be to manage bids of moderate to high complexity from inception to completion. This role is based in our Head Office in Sutton.
You will be capable of managing large amounts of information from a wide range of people and sources across the business therefore excellent interpersonal skills, organisational skills and perseverance are essential. The successful applicant will have an exciting opportunity to help develop the bid team processes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Managing each opportunity from inception to completion on behalf of, and in conjunction with, opportunity owners from both a commercial and contractual perspective.
- Contributing to the development of a win strategy and win themes
- Writing persuasive bid documents that meet customer requirements and hot spots
- Building excellent relationships with the Sales team and senior business representatives
- Liaising with key subject matter experts throughout the organisation and our partner organisations to meet bid requirements
- Ensuring each bid proposal supported is developed and written to agreed quality standards, and are delivered to meet time, budget, and customer requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate sign-offs are received in line with agreed business rules
- Demonstrating flexibility by performing other duties from time to time as deemed appropriate by the business
- Acting as an ambassador for the bid management practices across the business
- Ensuring all bid collateral is professional, persuasive and covers all product / service offerings.
- Creating professional proposal documents that reflect the company brand, capabilities and our Values
- Ensuring our responses adhere to our bid and governance process
- Sharing ideas to further improve bid methodology and performance
- Keeping up-to-date with industry best practice and approaches
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to further develop solutions and propositions
- Seeking to develop yourself to improve personal and business performance
- Providing support to those seeking to engage the bid team / bid methodology for the first time
- Ensuring accurate and timely proposal documents are created
- To work with professionalism, honesty and integrity maintaining confidentiality
- To treat people fairly, with respect, impartially and consistency.
- Playing an active role as a member of the bid team
- Establishing close working relationships with business colleagues to ensure maximum success
The Ideal Candidate:
(E = essential, D = desirable)
- Demonstrates good commercial thinking to understand the potential client's needs and business issues (E)
- Excellent writing skills (E)
- Strong communication and influencing skills (E)
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and resourceful (E)
- Manages own time and completes multiple tasks / assignments with potentially competing deadlines (E)
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels (E)
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint (E)
- Project management experience, preferably PRINCE2 accredited (D)
- Proficiency in the use of planning tools, for example MS Project (D)
- Demonstrates an understanding of our products, capabilities and markets (E)
- Full valid driving licence (D)
Jobs that might be of interest:Bid Writer
Location: Victoria, London
Apply now Sales Support
Apply now Sales Support Manager
Location: Victoria, London
Apply now Key Account Manager
Location: City of Industry, California
Apply now Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Torrance, California