Banking Systems Operator Part Time Sutton 20,000-22,000 (FTE)
Banking Systems Operator Part TimeLocation: Sutton | Salary: 20,000-22,000 (FTE) | Posted: 16 Dec 2018 | Closes: 31 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6286
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
The Banking Systems Operators will be responsible for entering / uploading and authorising financial transfers between banks and businesses on a chosen banking platform. Transfers will be generated by businesses utilising a Business Banking Facility (BBF). Operators will be responsible for ensuring all transfers are validated, actioned and authorised within contractual deadlines. Following successful completion of the transfers, operators will be required to update internal systems to confirm payments have been loaded successfully.
This role will be shift based to cover Weekend shifts at times between 8am and 9pm.
- Upload financial transactions from a Business Banking System on the business banking platform.
- Creation of manual transfers generated from other G4S systems on the business banking platform.
- Authorisation of transfers uploaded to the business banking platform.
- Extraction of business banking reports for confirmation of successful postings in G4S ‘back office’ reconciliation systems.
- Monitoring of G4S systems for outstanding transfers, ensuring all payments are completed with required timescales.
- Assist with balancing devices within the G4S Business Banking Facility utilising Cash Management Systems and Business Banking Reports.
The Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Numerate and analytical.
- Good communication skills.
- Can work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
- Majority of tasks will tend to be of routine nature.
- Requirement to interpret and balance account data.
Jobs that might be of interest:Cashier - Nights 10:00 hrs to 06:00 hrs Park Royal
Location: Park Royal NW10
Apply now Cashier - Day 06:00 - 14:00 or 08:00 - 16:00 Park Royal
Location: NW10 7SA
Apply now Senior Cashier - Claims
Location: Nine Elms Battersea
Apply now Secure Driver
Location: Nine Elms SW8
Apply now Senior Cashier - Night Shift - Full time
Location: Nine Elms Battersea