Bank Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN /RMN Durham £20.00
Bank Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN /RMNLocation: Durham | Salary: £20.00 | Posted: 12 Nov 2019 | Closes: 7 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7979
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Substance Misuse Nurses.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are looking for a Bank Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN /RMN to join our team on a Bank contract. This role will involve travel across all 7 NE locations:
- HMP Northumberland
- HMP Frankland
- HMP Durham
- HMP Low Newton
- HMP Deerbolt
- HMP KirkLevington Grange
- HMP Holme House
Benefits as a Bank Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN /RMN:
- £20.00 per hour
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
We welcome full time and part time applications from experienced and newly qualified nurses. Newly qualified nurses will be supported through a Preceptorship Package and further training.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
Job Outline: As a Substance Misuse Nurse, you will promote an agenda of recovery from the dependence of drugs and/or alcohol and which supports the goals of reducing re-offending, increasing re-integration into meaningful and sustained occupation and improving social and family relationships.You will be responsible for the delivery and monitoring of high standards of substance misuse nursing care to patients accessing the
clinical dart team. The role is required to cover shifts across the 7 NE Prisons, so travel is required.
- Provide health and social care to patients to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of detainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of patients in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the detention environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional standards and G4S policies and procedures.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a Substance Misuse Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Full driving licence and car owner/access to car.
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
G4S value excellent patient care and has a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Flexi Crisis Worker
Apply now Flexi Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands