Bank Porter £11.14
Bank PorterLocation: | Salary: £11.14 | Posted: 7 Nov 2019 | Closes: 19 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7867
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We now have an opportunity for a Bank Porter to join our Healthcare teams across all of the North East sites:
- HMP Northumberland
- HMP Frankland
- HMP Durham
- HMP Low Newton
- HMP Deerbolt
- HMP KirkLevington Grange
- HMP Holme House
Benefits as a Bank Porter:
£11.14 per hour
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
The hours of work are Bank, however you must be flexible with regard to working hours.
To provide a caring and efficient general portering services to a busy Healthcare Department based within secure environments, for the benefit of patients, staff and visitors, as well as to ensure the safe transportation of all goods and equipment. To follow NHS guidance and to work to the requirements of NHS standards.
- To work in harmony with the Healthcare Team for the benefit of the service and liaise with staff at all levels and carry out any instructions given in a professional manner.
- To provide a porter service in all patient and staff areas.
- Collecting visitors from Reception, ensuring they are escorted at all times.
- To ensure the collection and delivery of samples to NHS hospitals in accordance with NHS standards.
- The movement of pharmaceutical goods from Pharmacy to the Healthcare departments as quickly and safely as possible.
- Collection and delivery of internal and external mail to departments as and when requested.
- To transport and dispose of household, confidential and clinical waste in accordance with NHS Policy and Standards.
- Movement of office equipment, furniture as and when requested.
- To be responsible for the completion of own timesheet and submit information for payroll deadlines.
- To carry a radio and respond to requests from all departments as quickly and safely as possible.
- To undertake any relevant training for the post.
- To be available to work and cover for colleagues annual leave or sickness within the 7 NE Prisons.
- To be aware and observe fully the employee’s duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act and to observe all policies relating to Health & Safety working within a secure environment.
- Ad hoc duties as and when requested by the Administration Manager and Healthcare staff as safely as possible.
- To be prepared to work in circumstances that may be distressing or emotional.
- To ensure patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
- English Language & Maths to GCSE level or equivalent
- IT Skills
- Previous experience of working in a related customer/patient focussed environment
- Evidence of being able to work on own initiative without supervision whilst recognising limitations
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to adapt approach to suit the needs of the person/situation
- Good standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Able to deal effectively with problems within defined procedures and guidelines
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage own time and work autonomously
- Ability to assist with training for new starters
- Demonstrate good practice and have knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Strong work ethic
- An understanding of confidentiality
- Must be able to fulfil the requirements of the role which will include manual handling and lifting
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Ability to show respect and compassion when dealing with sensitive situations
- Car owner and driving licence
- Qualifications credits framework (QCF) or NVQ Level 2
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting
- Previous experience of working within a secure environment
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
We anticipate a high volume of applications for this role, therefore this advert may close early once sufficient applications are received. Successful candidates will be informed if they have been shortlisted for interview via email. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks then you should presume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.