Bank Porter Fulbourn £8.21
Bank PorterLocation: Fulbourn | Salary: £8.21 | Posted: 12 Aug 2019 | Closes: 23 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4720
We are actively seeking to recruit enthusiastic, hard working individuals in the role of Bank Porter to join our team to be based at Fulbourn Hospital in Cambridge to work as and when required to cover Annual leave and sickness.
This role and contract sits within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. At G4S we are used to working in critical and secure environments. Our expertise in sectors such as schools, prisons, courts and hospitals and other public sector facilities is second to none.
G4S have been established for over 100 years, operate in 95 countries, globally and employ around 585,000 employees globally, which allows for the opportunity for personal development and growth within.
The main responsibilities that this role will involve are the following;
Service delivery, safe working practices
- Use machinery, equipment or materials as required, throughout the Hospital site, ensuring the use of such machinery complies with all requirements.
- Collect dirty linen or any other items as directed throughout the Hospital Site as per Trust policies, ensuring that all items collected are placed in the appropriate containers.
- Deliver clean linen, stores or other items throughout the Hospital Site as requested, obtaining signatures from receiving parties as appropriate.
- Unload, store and deliver medical gas cylinders in a safe manner throughout the Hospital Site. Where appropriate or where requested, change medical gas cylinders throughout the Hospital Site.
- Transfer patients using appropriate equipment. Escort patients, visitors or staff as appropriate. Assist patients and visitors in and out of vehicles as requested.
- Provide a collection and delivery service for specimens, blood products, medical records and any other items related to patient care as directed on the Hospital Site.
- Collect sort and deliver mail throughout the Hospital. Sort and where appropriate frank mail for onward distribution.
- Move furniture and equipment etc, within and between and throughout the Hospital Site, as and when necessary or required, ensuring that items such as patient trolleys, beds and wheelchairs etc are in correct areas at all times.
- Deliver food throughout the Hospital Site when requested.
- Act upon, attend and assist Fire alarms, Lift Alarms, Attack Alarms and Bomb Alerts.
- Issue and receive keys as per Trust policy, locking and unlocking doors as and when necessary or required.
- Take responsibility for picking up and delivering prescription drug orders
- Assist in periodic cleaning
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the grade and training that may be requested by the line manager or other senior member of staff throughout G4S / CPFT & CCS NHS Trusts.
- Deliver any G4S stores around the sites as and when required
- Deliver Clean Mops
- Collect Dirty Mops
- At all times use approved safe methods and techniques when moving and handling; develop good working practices and relationships to support hospital staff, colleagues and patients, retaining confidentiality as per G4S/Trust policies.
- Keep clear and accurate documentation where necessary and when required to.
- Attend meetings and undertake training as requested for the efficient and safe delivery of the services.
- Participate in appraisal meetings.
- Suggest ways to improve Departmental performance (e.g. at appraisal meetings).
Safe Working Practices
- Wear G4S/Trust uniform, ID badges, and protective clothing as per G4S/Trust policy, to present a positive image.
- Report work defects and hazards promptly to your supervisor, and in the event of accident or incident complete the G4S/Trust Incident Form in line with G4S/Trust policy.
- Comply with G4S/Trust and Departmental policies and procedures, in particular those relating to Health and Safety, Fire regulations and response to a Fire Alarm or Major Incident.
Ensure working and rest room areas are kept tidy and cleaned daily and as and when necessary or requested.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys working part of a hardworking, conscientious team in a fast pace environment. Due to the hospital environment it is important that you have good interpersonal skills and treat those that you come into contact with integrity and respect at all times.