Bank Patient Transport Liaison Officer Barking £9.92
Bank Patient Transport Liaison OfficerLocation: Barking | Salary: £9.92 | Posted: 20 Sep 2021 | Closes: 11 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10517
Bank Patient Transport Liaison Officer
Barking, Havering and Redbridge
£9.92 per hour
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual, with a caring disposition to join our team at our Barking, Havering & Redbridge Base, as a PTLO, within our Patient Transport Services Team.
Job outline: The PTLO is the first line of contact for patients and hospital staff. It is essential that they are able to promptly and accurately record the information they collect, to enable the smooth running of the Patient Transport Service.
- Act as a contact point for patients, Trust staff, the general public and other agency personnel in order to ensure their enquiries are appropriately dealt with in a professional and positive manner.
- Create and maintain both computerised and manual records in order that they can be accessed and audited.
- Undertake administrative tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- Establish special needs including mobility in order to achieve requirements for specialist resources.
- Undertake basic PTS administration tasks to support the PTS function and management team as required in order to make best use of the unoccupied time.
- Be proactive in identifying journeys that require investigation or attention to achieve a “ready time”.
- Receive and input bookings into the Cleric software, ensuring patient and appointment requirements are accurate.
- To deliver excellent customer service as a representative of G4S.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good standard of Education e.g. 3 GCSE’s at grade C or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience (NHS or Care) (minimum of 1 year)
- Operation of telephone systems
- Operation of computerised booking and resource scheduling systems
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive relationships with client managers, patients and staff
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have strong time management skills
- Must be reliable and committed
- Must have good telephone etiquette
- Must be able to understand and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to working
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Care Assistant - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - QEH Woolwich LONDON
Location: SE18 4QH
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - UCLH
Location: North West London
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Royal National Orthpaedic Hospital
Location: HA7 4LP
Apply now Logistics Coordinator - Chelmsford (Evenings)
Location: CM1 2QE