Bank Nurse / Paramedic Wiltshire £16.13-£20.00 an hour
Bank Nurse / ParamedicLocation: Wiltshire | Salary: £16.13-£20.00 an hour | Posted: 23 Feb 2022 | Closes: 16 Mar 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Fixed Term | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7605
Bank Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)
1 - 2 Shifts = £16.13/hour, 3 - 6 Shifts = £18.00/hour, 7+ Shifts = £20.00 hour (Rates are based on number of shifts completed each month).
Shifts: Various (24-hour shift rota, days, evenings and night shifts)
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are looking for exceptional people to become a key member of our custody healthcare team. If unpredictable shift patterns and long hours are taking their toll, and you are looking for a better work life balance then consider a move into this exciting area of healthcare. You will be provided with the support and role-specific training to flourish, with opportunities for career progression.
We care for some of the most vulnerable people in society who are taken into police custody suites. Operating with a much higher level of autonomy and independence to the NHS, your actions will be life-changing for many. This is an exciting and rewarding role that will allow you to utilise your clinical skills within the forensic healthcare sector.
- Assessment & care of detainees and staff in custody suites.
- Evidential forensic sampling
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments and management.
- Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
- Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
- Referrals and signposting to support wider vulnerabilities and the reduction of re-offending.
- Working collaboratively with Liaison and Diversion colleagues to identify wider vulnerabilities.
The role is varied and diverse with the opportunity to shape and develop services
The Ideal Candidate:
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to work as an autonomous practitioner
- Have a flexible approach to working within a remote team that encourages new ideas and opinions on quality improvement
- Show initiative when it comes to handling a wide range of situations
- Ability to take blood samples
- Recent Acute experience
- Right to work in the UK
- Full membership of either NMC or HCPC
- Adult RN or Paramedic with at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
- Fully vaccinated against Covid19 (or, where applicable, other similar type infections) in order to undertake your duties with us
- Holidays: 20 days plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 days
- Employee assistance programme scheme
- Confidential Counseling Services
- 24/7 access to a GP and second medical opinion service for you and your family
- Mental health support and burn out prevention
- Life events counseling
- Legal and financial support
- Health and fitness support
- Training, development & peer support
- Career progression opportunities
- Retention bonus of £1500
- Refer a friend scheme £750
- G4S life assurance scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers, and travel suppliers
- Fortnightly Managing Directors communication webinars
- Employee of the month awards
- In house wellbeing hub
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5-year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
If you are successful at the interview stage, you will be required to complete all vetting paperwork within 7 working days.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Forensic Medical Examiner
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: TR14 8SY
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic - HCP
Apply now Nurse/ RGN/ RMN / RNLD
Location: Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG]
Apply now Nurse or Paramedic (HCP)