Bank Nurse / Paramedic £16.02
Bank Nurse / ParamedicLocation: | Salary: £16.02 | Posted: 14 Feb 2019 | Closes: 11 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Yarls Wood IRMC, Bedfordshire
£16.02 per hour
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
G4S Healthcare are currently recruiting a Bank Nurse to support the healthcare contract at Yarl’s Wood IRC. This is a fully contained residential centre housing adult women and adult family groups awaiting immigration clearance. We focus on decency and respect in all aspects of care for our residents and use continuous innovation to further improve and develop our service.
Benefits as a Bank Nurse/Paramedic:
- Salary of £16.02 per hour
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of detainees in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to detainees to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of detainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the detention environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional standards and G4S policies and procedures.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration or HCPC Paramedic
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery
Please note this vacancy is subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years and must hold an indefinite leave visa as part of the security screening process for this role.