Bank Healthcare Assistant Liverpool, Liverpool £11.20
Bank Healthcare AssistantLocation: Liverpool, Liverpool | Salary: £11.20 | Posted: 22 Jul 2021 | Closes: 29 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10243
Bank Healthcare Assistant
£11.20 per hour
About the site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Altcourse is a Category B local prison receiving sentenced and remand young offender and adult male prisoners from the courts in Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. The prison can accommodate 1,324 prisoners in safe custody.
At HMP Altcourse we are committed to providing the highest standards of healthcare to prisoners in our care. Our healthcare team is staffed 24 hours a day and is made up of qualified Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
This HCA post involves working within a multidisciplinary healthcare team in a secure setting providing primary care, with a difference. The successful candidate will be an excellent team player who works closely with patients, the wider health care team ensuring comprehensive care is provided to patients. The successful candidate will undertake various duties, including working on the in-patient unit, screening new patients, running clinics and working in partnership with other agencies to provide comprehensive care to our patients. The successful applicant will provide care, under supervision, for the physical needs of patients in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care, under supervision from a registered nurse, to ensure an efficient health and social care service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards.
- Undertake assessments of patients to report observations to registered nurse or other qualified healthcare professional as required.
- Provide advice, within area of competence to patients as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to deliver clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Work alongside suitably qualified healthcare professional with the administration of controlled drug medicines.
- To assist/complete the administration of medication with in policy guidance during times of unprecedented demand on resources – G4S healthcare would provide the training for this.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills as a HCA:
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
Desirable skills as a HCA:
- NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Experience of working within a secure environment
For further information please email: email@example.com
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.