Bank Health Care Assistant - HMP Parc BRIDGEND £10.42
Bank Health Care Assistant - HMP ParcLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £10.42 | Posted: 16 Nov 2018 | Closes: 11 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Health Care Assistant
£10.42 per hour
HMP/YOI Parc are looking for a Health Care Assistant to join our dedicated and enthusiastic nurse-led 24/7 Primary Care service. This secure site holds approximately 1800 men and boys, predominantly serving sentences of two years or more.
The environment in which we work is challenging and unique and we are looking for resilient and flexible individuals to help deliver a service that equals the level of care that you would expect to receive in the community.
To provide care, under supervision, for the physical needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care, under supervision from a registered nurse, to ensure an efficient health and social care service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to report observations to registered nurse or other qualified healthcare professional as required.
- Provide advice, within area of competence to offenders as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to deliver clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of an effective health and social care service.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
- Act in accordance with current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Operate in accordance with G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
All information obtained in the course of the post holder’s duties should be treated as strictly confidential. Any breach of confidence or disclosure of such information, without express permission, may lead to disciplinary action. The post holder has a responsibility to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Code of Practice on Confidentiality.
The duties of this post are a guide to the range of responsibilities that may be required. These may change to meet the needs of the service.
HEALTH AND SAFTEY AT WORK:
The post holder is required to take responsible care for the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work. The post holder is also required to cooperate with G4S to ensure that statutory and departmental safety regulations are adhered to.
G4S is an Equal Opportunities employer and their aim is to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on grounds of gender, religion, race, colour, sexuality, pregnancy, age, disability, nationality, ethnic or national origins, nor should he/she be placed at a disadvantage by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The post holder will be required to undertake any other duties according to the needs of the service. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of activities, but rather an outline of the main areas of responsibility. Any reasonable changes will be discussed and agreed with the post holder before any variations to the job description are made.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- NVQ Level 3 Care
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving License
Jobs that might be of interest:Handy Person Semi Skilled Engineer
Apply now Plumber
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Nurse or Paramedic (HCP)
Location: BRIDGWATER, Cornwall
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Bristol, City of