Bank CleanerLocation: Boston | Salary: £8.21 per hour | Posted: 13 Nov 2019 | Closes: 29 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19147
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as a Bank Cleaning Operative at our Boston Station.
This role is a zero hours contract, working times that you may be asked to cover will be discussed at interview.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To book on and off duty using the teletime systems from a police station phone or as instructed by the cleaning manager.
- Notify cleaning manager if stock levels are running low so more can be ordered.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Where applicable empty confidential waste bins and leave sacks in the designated area of the station.
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
- Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
- Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- Use of high pressure steam cleaners and power washer (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
- To dust, damp wipe or wash desk tops and legs, chairs and legs, telephones and desk furniture excluding electrical and IT equipment.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, tea towels and paper towels).
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
- To use chemical agents as directed by the cleaning manager in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
- Ensure all clothes and equipment are left in a clean and tidy manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to carry out general cleaning duties as detailed in the Job Description.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of police matters
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks to a high level.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work both alone and within a team to achieve specified standards.
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post.
- Take pride in a job well done.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Equal Opportunities are important in employment and service delivery.
- Ability to respect and value the different experiences, ideas and backgrounds others can bring to work and teams.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Customer Care is important in employment and service delivery.
- Have an awareness of and display a commitment to the relevant legislation and guidance in working practices in relation to health and safety.
- To undertake any training relevant to your role.
- Must be in good health.
- Able to communicate clearly, understand and follow instructions.
- Experience of undertaking general cleaning duties.
Jobs that might be of interest:Town Enquiry Officer - Boston (Flexi role)
Apply now Housekeeping Operative - Hinkley Point C
Apply now Housekeeping Operative - Maternity Cover
Apply now Call Taker (Full time and Flexi position)
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire