Bank Cleaner - FlexibleLocation: Spalding | Salary: £8.72 per hour | Posted: 6 Jan 2021 | Closes: 20 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G20/98
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a Bank Cleaner.
This is a flexible position covering periods of annual leave and sickness. The post is covering the Spalding Station.
The successful candidate will provide the specified standard of cleanliness as per the onsite specification.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
Please be aware the contract between G4S Policing Services and Lincolnshire Police ceases on 31 March 2022. Where there is a requirement for services to continue beyond this date, roles may be TUPE transferred to the new employer responsible for delivering the services from 1 April 2022 onwards, but at this stage we are working through with Lincolnshire Police what the new provision of services will look like and we would then discuss any impacts with staff once we have this information.
- To book on and off duty using the teletime systems from a police station phone or as instructed by the cleaning manager
- Able to work at multiple sites across the county, by way of own transport
- Possible cleaning of infected sites/areas, only after being trained to do so
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments. Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
- To use chemical agents as directed by the cleaning manager in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Ability to carry out general cleaning duties as detailed in the Job Description
- Is punctual and reliable
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of police matter
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks to a high level
- Ability to prioritise work
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work both alone and within a team to achieve specified standards
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Equal Opportunities are important in employment and service delivery
- Ability to respect and value the different experiences, ideas and backgrounds others can bring to work and teams
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Customer Care is important in employment and service delivery
- Have an awareness of and display a commitment to the relevant legislation and guidance in working practices in relation to health and safety
- To undertake any training relevant to your role
- Must be in good health
Qualifications / Experience
- Able to communicate clearly, understand and follow instructions.
- Experience of undertaking general cleaning duties.
Jobs that might be of interest:Leadership and Management Trainer
Apply now Call Taker
Apply now Database Administrator
Apply now Business Support Administrator - Skegness - Part Time 20 hours per week (FTC until September 2022)
Apply now Driver Trainer