Audits Manager Liverpool, Liverpool £31,028.21
Audits ManagerLocation: Liverpool, Liverpool | Salary: £31,028.21 | Posted: 10 Jun 2021 | Closes: 24 Jun 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10059
G4S Custody & Rehabilitation Services
HMP Altcourse, Liverpool, L9 7LH
Salary £31,028.21 per annum
Permanent - Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Custody and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP Altcourse, a category B local prison, in Fazakerly Liverpool, holding over 1200 adult male offenders.
We now have an opportunity for an Audits Manager to join our team at HMP Altcourse to assist the Senior Audits Manager in the management of an audits programme to enable efficient and effective monitoring of the contract to take place on behalf of the Prison Director.
- Organise and coordinate resources in line with the audit schedule to ensure compliance with relevant standards and the contract.
- Coach and support staff to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Assist in managing the Audits function within the prison to ensure that the function is effective & efficient and meets company and Prison Service standards.
- Carry out regular audits as per the audits schedule, ensuring compliance with the agreed schedule at all times.
- Deal with official correspondence as requested carrying out internal enquires as necessary to ensure corrective action and resolution.
- Assist in the facilitation of the Self Audit of Standard & security modules to ensure that they are completed to the agreed timetable in line with the contract.
- Identify areas of non-compliance making recommendations to senior management to ensure compliance with relevant standards and the contract.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture to support the recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Support self auditors in the completion and quality checks of audits to ensure compliance with relevant standards and the contract.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of working in a custodial environment
- Previous auditing experience
- Experience of monitoring service delivery and meeting short term objectives
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.