Auditor - Compliance and Assurance BRIDGEND £21,143.36 - £22,369.10
Auditor - Compliance and AssuranceLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £21,143.36 - £22,369.10 | Posted: 13 Oct 2021 | Closes: 27 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10678
Auditor - Compliance and Assurance
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary range: £21,143.36 - £22.369.10 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We now have an opportunity for a Auditor to join our Compliance and Assurance team at HMP Parc.
The successful candidate will be required to provide and ensure compliance with the audit schedule and conduct all audits in accordance with Prison Service Standard 59. An effective and efficient service to the Prison and Compliance & Assurance department, ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the audit schedule and conduct all audits in accordance with Prison Service requirements (Self Audit Procedures).
- Carry out audits as per schedule and as instructed by the Head of Function.
- Conduct local department audits in line with the audit schedule, providing assurance to the Director and relevant Function Heads
- Develop and improve communications between other prison staff and the audit team.
- Liaise with Function Heads and Departmental Managers, maintaining clear and open communication in relation to audit schedules.
- Advise and assist in preparation for external audits including OSAG led Security and Safer Custody audits.
- Assist in preparation for annual British Safety Council 5* audit.
- Conduct environmental audits as directed to ensure compliance with ISO 14001.
- Complete weekly compliance on unit ledgers and manager compliance checks.
- Maintain up-to-date records of Prison Service Instructions and Frameworks, notifying Function Heads and other relevant departments of any changes / new policies issued.
- Update local operational policy versions on the shared network, as directed and provided by various departments.
- Provide cover for the Data Coordinator when required, ensuring that the regime's hours and SDT monitoring figures are accurately recorded and compiled on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Liaise and share good practise methods with other G4S establishments.
- Provide operational PCO cover as required and when detailed by the Rosters Manager.
- Ensure efficient use and control of resources within the audit team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Audit trained / willingness to undergo Quality Assurance training.
- Word processing, spreadsheet and database skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word/Excel) and the Google Suite (Docs / Sheets)
- Proven experience of working in a busy pressurised environment
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.