Assistant Project Accountant Tewkesbury up to £28,000
Assistant Project AccountantLocation: Tewkesbury | Salary: up to £28,000 | Posted: 23 Apr 2019 | Closes: 1 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/1980
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permenant full time Assistant Project Accountant to join the Finance team. In this role you will be responsible for project tracking, accruals, prepayments and general accounting processes and to support the Financial Accountants and the Accounting Manager.
- Overall control of Accounting system transactions falling in line with Financial Accountant Management Accounts
- Assist in the preparation of accruals and prepayment journals on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Updating Trial Balance information within Management Accounting templates immediately after Quarter End date
- Responsibility to place banking deposits
- Assist credit controller in chasing monthly receipts as required
- Assist Financial Accountant in preparation of dividend proposals, loans, swaps and sub debt requirements
- Input to the continual review and improvement across all aspects of financial management.
- Reconciliation and management of customer and supplier recharges
- Prepare quarterly supporting schedules for Management Accounts (cashflow, balance sheet recs etc)
- Variance Analysis of Management Accounts, Models and Cashflows quarterly against prior periods. Error finding.
- Any other adhoc reporting requirements that may arise through external influences.
- Tracking of projects – Variations, Pass through, lifecycle.
- Control of Purchase and Sales Orders reconciliation
- Reposting of CIS tax movements for consistent accounts production
- Supporting contractual compliance on all contracts.
- Support good, effective working relations with client and key stakeholders (both internal and external) across the business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Detail conscious
- Experience of management accounts and commercial structures
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA) AAT qualified
- A high standard of written and presentational skills
- A resilient team player with drive and enthusiasm
Jobs that might be of interest:Credit Controller
Location: Sutton House HQ
Apply now Staff Accountant
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Internship - Procurement (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Internship - Finance - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Cash Forecasting and Planning Specialist (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa