Assistant Operations Manager - Courier Nairobi Competitive Market Rate
Assistant Operations Manager - CourierLocation: Nairobi | Salary: Competitive Market Rate | Posted: 2 Oct 2020 | Closes: 16 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Kenya | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/5086074/198557
Group Personal Accident Cover
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for overall management of Courier operations at the branch including receiving of Route Vehicles from Nairobi & Western Circuit, offloading, Sorting, raising the delivery sheets, handing over to the delivery team and making sure that on time deliveries done within the agreed Service Levels Agreements.
The job holder will also be responsible for dispatching the Route Vehicles to Nairobi & Western Circuit within the agreed Service Level Agreement after tallying and loading all the items that have been collected within course of the operations.
- Ensures safety first policy at the work place all the time
- Maintains an updated branch safety file
- Organizes a daily frontline staff parade to get staff feedback, communicate safety information, processes and procedures review and any management information
- Maintains an updated Daily parade minutes book and escalates in writing all staff concerns to the Operations manager within the first one hour of receipt of such concerns
- Deploys staff optimally and ensures all assignments are well covered at all times
- Ensures full compliance of courier Processes and procedures and reports in writing all violations on time to the Team leader compliance. Ensures all shift staff reporting and fall-out timings are observed
- Receives and confirms seal for all incoming route vehicles
- Ensures shift plan timings are observed- sorting- raising delivery sheets- Handing over- deliveries
- Ensures proper handling of customer shipments to eliminate damages losses and pilferages
- Ensures delivery vehicles leave the Hub at the agreed time
- Ensure 100% deliveries are done within the set Service Level Agreements
- Reconciles 100% of day’s deliveries at the end of each shift timing and hands over day’s updates and, daily reconciliation report to Team leader compliance at the end of shift
- Deals with customers complain effectively and escalate any complex and unresolved inquires and complains within the first 15 minutes
- Performs periodic staff Performance appraisal and keeps updated performance records for all staff under his shift
- Ensures proper route planning and scheduling for cost effective and timely deliveries
- Prepare service monitoring reports for all assigned key customers
- Investigates incidents and accidents which fall within the shift and files updated corrective action reports
- Prepares weekly reports on frontline staff feedback and competitor activities
- Debt collection and Management on the assigned set of customers to keep them within approved credit terms
- Additionally receive and confirm that all incoming items are accompanied by respective waybills
- Ensure route vehicle to Nairobi and upcountry branches leave the hub at the agreed time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience working with operation, maintenance and administration of fleet.
- In-depth knowledge of fleet management solutions (preferably ROADBASE), fleet scheduling
- Thorough knowledge of transport management systems and operations scheduling
- Basic training in motor vehicle maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years managing fleet administration
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Proven record in managing revenue, costs and profitability
- Leading people
- Delivering performance
- Managing professionally.
- Collaborating and Cooperating
- Must be able to work under pressure and for long hours
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
- Driving Change
- Fluency in English
- Written communication skills, at a high proficiency level
- Verbal communication skills, at a high proficiency level for English would be desired.
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Office Suite
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent. In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centres within the country
Jobs that might be of interest:Accounting Assistant
Location: North York, Ontario
Apply now Labour Reporting Administrator
Apply now Labour Administrator | G4S Head Office | Centurion
Apply now Cash Allocation Clerk
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire