Assistant Engineer Belfast £17,000.00
Assistant EngineerLocation: Belfast | Salary: £17,000.00 | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 1 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant/Trainee Engineer in our Fire & Security Systems business team based in Belfast. The job holder will be required to work 40hrs per week.
F&S - G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security
Government facilities. For more information visit: www.g4sfireandsecurity.co.uk
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
As a trainee Engineer you will assist in the the service and maintenance of fire alarm systems in accordance with Customer’s requirements and Company / Industry standards.
- To assist in the undertaking of planned preventative maintenance visits – as scheduled by our Customer Support Centre.
- To assist in the undertaking of service calls – as scheduled by our Customer Support Centre.
- To comply with the Company Health and Safety requirements.
- To liaise with Customers at a local / site level.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner.
- To maintain the highest standards of quality.
- To ensure that Health and Safety requirements are upheld at all times.
- To minimise waste and the effect on the environment.
- To respond to all communications within an appropriate time.
- To use Company property responsibly.
- To represent the Company’s best interests.
- To be highly motivated and work on your own, with an excellent attention to detail.
- To carry out other duties, which reasonably fall within the remit of the assistant/Trainee Engineer - Installation, as requested by the Operations Management Team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Education - Secondary Education - Minimum of 5 standard grades or equivalent
- Willing to undertake ongoing training and development
- Willing to travel
- Willing to work overtime
Preference will be given to candidates who also meet the following:
- Experience in similar role
- Electrical background
- A HNC/HND
Jobs that might be of interest:Cleaner
Location: Dublin - Calmount, Ireland
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Apply now Principle Engineer
Location: Remote worker in Hayes area
Apply now Systems Engineer - Reigate
Location: Remote Worker covering the Reigate area
Apply now Systems Engineer
Location: Remote worker London East area